Do I have any chance......?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: Do I have any chance......?
By Leen987 (Leen987) on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 12:50 am: Edit

Hi, I am a high school junior, and right now I'm all my attention is centered on Brown, but I'm not sure if I have a chance of getting in. If I don't, and if anyone could offer any insights into any other schools where I might stand a chance, I would appreciate it.

Here are my stats:

Class Rank/Size - 1/40 to 60 something
GPA - 4.0/4.0
SAT Math: 610
SAT Verbal: 630

Classes taken/will take: AP English Language, AP Env. Science, AP Statistics, AP US History,
AP US Gov., AP Physics, AP English Lit., AP Calculus, and some dual-enrollment classes
Also, I attend a governor's school of math and science

Extra-Curriculars:
9th - French club, youth and gov.
10th - French Club, Science club, youth and gov.
11th grade - French club president, science club president, youth and gov. president, beta club
5 year member of marching and symphonic band
Also, this summer I am going to take a philosophy class at the Brown Summer session
probably some other stuff I left out...

I am an indian male, and I am considering a major in either english or history. My 1st choice is Brown University, but I would appreciate any input about my chances there or anywhere else.

By Skulkarni1 (Skulkarni1) on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 03:36 pm: Edit

ur extra urricular's are great - ur president of three things that you've been involved in, and that's really, really, really good.

your GPA is good, your classes are pretty difficult.

you seem like a great candidate, but get ur SAT scores up....Brown is an ivy and the average SAT score of last year's freshmen is well above a 1300.... i know test scores aren't everything but try to raise them.

also, how compettive is your school? that can make a difference, because your class is a smaller class...........

so far you seem to be doing great, just work on test scores!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page