|By UC on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 01:19 pm: Edit|
What are my chances of getting into UCSD and UCLA from out of state? Here are my credentials:
- 3.8 GPA at a _very_ competitive college prep school (the average SAT is a 1400), top 20% of my class. The only reason I don't have a 4.0 is because my freshman year was poor.
- 1470 on SAT I (770v/700m)
- 6 AP's at the end of this year. So far I have scored two 4's (English Lang and European History) and two 5's (US History and Economics). I'm taking English Lit and Chemistry at the end of this year.
- SAT II's: 800 Writing, 700 Lit, 680 Math IC
- EC: First chair oboist in school band and orchestra (I've been playing since I was six), competitive pianist, foreign exchange student in Japan, ballet, tennis, theater crew, volunteer at Humane Society and Teen Line for four years, job at Boston Market since junior year.
I know my credentials aren't stunning but I was wondering if you all still think I have a chance at said schools
|By DP on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 03:17 pm: Edit|
You have a good chance, don't worry!
|By Good Luck! on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 04:05 pm: Edit|
you have a great shot at both schools, but with one disadvantage: you are from out of state....i only think that it will hurt you at ucla 'cause about 3% their freshman class is from out of state
|By wolfsterx on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 04:24 pm: Edit|
Let's see here..you won't know your real GPA because UC recalculates everything for you..You're out of state (already a bad sign with a whopping out-of-state rate of <5%), and don't have leadership activity. Taking that this year the UCs implemented the "full comprehensive report," scores from SAT and SAT2 are weighed a little less than usual. However, I do think you have an average chance of getting in.
You have a chance of getting in.
|By UC on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 04:28 pm: Edit|
Actually, I have done some leadership activities I went to the Teen Summit on Racism twice as a representative of my school as well as the NYLC the summer of my sophomore year, but I guess I thought those activities weren't very significant.
|By UC on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 04:31 pm: Edit|
Oh, and what about USC? Do I have a good chance there?
|By wolfsterx on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 04:36 pm: Edit|
You have a VERY good chance at USC. Did you apply for the scholarship award? You should have received admissions already if you had..
The Teen Summit thing would perhaps help.
|By UC on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 09:13 pm: Edit|
Yes, I applied for the scholarship award but I haven't gotten anything back yet. That might have something to do with the fact that I moved over the last month and it has to be forwarded (hopefully because I wouldn't go there without a scholarship)
|By wolfsterx on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 11:06 pm: Edit|
I know what you mean. Oh well, regardless, good luck to you now.
Report an offensive message on this page E-mail this page to a friend
|Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.|
|Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only|