How do I compare?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: How do I compare?
By Curious05 (Curious05) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 07:34 pm: Edit

Hi everybody.. I jsut got interested in this site, because I'm a stress case about college. I'm a junior, and application panic is starting to set in. I ahve no clue where I should apply and how I compare. I've always wanted to go out of state to a competitve high school but the in-state full scholarships are ever more appealing. Plus I don;t think I rank with all teh competitve students.Here are my stats:
SAT: nov. 1340 (710m/630v)
mar, 1320 (650m/670v)
best combined 1380
Classes freshman/sophmore 6 honors/1 reg(required)
Junior: AP CAL AB, Debate 3, chem honors, AP english, AP American, Journalism/NP,Spanish 3
clubs/e.c - NHS, Key Club, Mu alpha theta(math), debate team, np staff
leadership- next year historian of key club and feature editor

colleges - U. of Florida, U. of Virginia, Georgetown, B C, very undecided in my majors
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

soory i forgot --- gpa 4.8 on a 6 for ap, 5 for honors scale
basically a is honors, b in ap's

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 07:48 pm: Edit

WHAT! PEOPLE LIKE YOU REALLY PISSED ME OF! I live in Florida and wish I had your stats but would never ever use the Bright Futures to go to University of Florida. Go to New College. Your stats are good!

By Curious05 (Curious05) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 07:52 pm: Edit

i'd use bright futures to go to UF because my parents wont pay for out of state... Thanks for the compliment, but whats "New College"

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 07:55 pm: Edit

New College of Florida www.ncf.edu. It's an honor college in Sarasota. Quite good, it's really an public ivy

By Curious05 (Curious05) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 08:02 pm: Edit

wow i've never even heard of that..thanks for the tip..btw why r u anti- UF..if u even are?

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 08:06 pm: Edit

my sister had an weighted 3.4, crappy essay, 1020 on SAT and still got in. Plus, the dorm rooms suck. I threw up when eating the food (I was only in fourth grade) and the bathroom didn't have any toliet paper. That was five years ago and she went to UM then UCF. It might have changed.

By Curious05 (Curious05) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 08:10 pm: Edit

Wow...well that sounds discouraging....yea i've heard alot of mixed stuff about it..especially there recent admissions...compeltely random it seems..but people could just be slaniting stories..well thanks for the tips!!

Btw, if anyone else knows if alumni helps at GU...(grandfather and 2 cousins)..or living in FLA orif i ahve anychances at all there..

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page