Chances at good southern schools...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: Chances at good southern schools...
By Katt12187 (Katt12187) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 07:10 pm: Edit

Hey ya'll, I'd really appreciate any help you could give me. I'm nearing the end of my soph. year and starting to look at colleges. I want to go to a really prestigious school but I really want to stay in the south. I REALLY want to go to Rice (but I don't think I have a chance), also looking at Vanderbilt, UVA, Emory, William and Mary,Georgetown and UNC (I know I can get in there). Here are my stats-
-attend a really good prep school in NC, most people end up going to Duke, some go to MIT, Yale etc.
-haven't taken the SAT's but on a practice one that Princeton Review gave to our school I got a 1450 (beg. of sophomore year), and in 7th grade I took the real thing and got a 1070 which got me into the TIP program
-editor of school newspaper
-3.7 gpa unweighted, next year taking 2 APs, senior year taking 4 (the most I can take)
-active in community service and leader in Red Cross Club
-took a TIP course in psychology last summer
What do ya'll think are my chances at the schools I listed above, or at schools in general?

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 10:48 pm: Edit

Hard to say without actual SAT I and SAT II scores.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page