Chances at WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY in ST. LOUIS

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: Chances at WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY in ST. LOUIS
By Me on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 09:39 pm: Edit

Caucasian male from large public high school in Cali

SAT I: 740 Verbal 720 Math
SAT II: 740 Math IIC, 760 Writing, 690 US History

GPA: 4.0 UW, 4.33 W
Class rank: 3/544

AP's: AP Calc, AP Eng Lit, AP Gov, AP Stats
AP's Junior year: AP US His (5) AP Eng (4) AP Chem (3) AP Spanish (2)

Extra Currics:

Speech and Debate President
Newspaper News Editor
Student Government
Varsity Golf Team
Internship with State Senator
Presidential Classroom
National Student Leadership Conference
A few honors clubs....

Also, I'm a National Merit Semi-Finalist

What are my shots at Washington U, Georgetown, Berkeley and UCLA (I'm in-state)

By Liz (Liz) on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 10:13 pm: Edit

I'd say you have great shots at all of them.

By Jwill (Jwill) on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 10:49 pm: Edit

Hey Me,

I live 2 blocks from WashU!!!! haha! I've grown up in its backyard! gone to soccer camps there. taken the tour. and i'm a clinical research assistant at the WashU Med School in their Dept. of Neurosurgery. (I'm in high school, by the way)

anyhow, plain and simple...YOU'RE IN! I know sooo many kids that have gotten in at WashU that didn't have half the stats that you've got! If you wrote some solid essays...i'd say ur a shoe-in.

if u haven't visited the campus, let me know...i could probably describe every last acre from sheer memory by now!-- although I'd have some rough spots, because they have a TON of money...so they're always adding new buildings-- many of which I haven't walked through yet.

see ya!

By munchymnm on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 10:54 pm: Edit

i dont know if "me" visited, but I applied, and I am not too optimistic I will get in, but in the rare case that I do, I would like to know your take on the campus as I have yet to visit! Is it all well kept? A campus feel? Is campus the center of everything? Dorms? Facilities? Please tell me everything you can. THANK YOU!

By stlouisan on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 11:58 pm: Edit

Campus is well-kept and across the street from Forest Park which contains the St. Louis Zoo, St. Louis Art Museum, Jefferson Memorial History Museum, jogging trails, etc. Less than 10% of students are from Missouri with many international students and many from the East Coast especially NYC. The Pageant music venue is a few blocks away featuring many touring musicians like 3 door down, lucinda williams, henry rollins, etc. is a few blocks as is the Tivoli Theatre which features mostly foreign and independent films. Close to the Metrolink light rail system which goes to the airport and downtown area. Many campus cultural events.

By me on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 12:11 am: Edit

is there a decent social scene there? I mean nightlife, hangouts, etc? Is the campus (and I feel gay saying this) pretty? Thanks a lot

By me on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 02:32 am: Edit

how about my chances?

By Fish3715 on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 06:30 pm: Edit

Me-
Wash U takes the saying "work hard, party hard," to heart. During the week (Sun/Monday-Thursday) the campus is fairly calm at night. Frats are a big thing. I'm not sure about off-campus hangouts (I was only there for a recruitment weekend) Campus is absolutely gorgeous.

Hope that helped a little!

Oh, and your chances at Wash U (and all of your schools) are good. (Out of curiosity, did you apply early action to Georgetown?)

By me on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 09:57 pm: Edit

Fish, no i didn't

By hiten6007 on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 11:16 pm: Edit

u are underestimating urself like ••••! u shoulda applied to MIT/Stanford man!!!

By not shallow i swear on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 06:23 pm: Edit

i know this is shallow, but i applied to wash u ed II and got in so i'm going.. anyway, i feel like the guys there are really lacking looks-wise. just in terms of brochures and stuff... is that true?

By ne on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 10:58 pm: Edit

Well I'm going, and I'm hot as hell. Give me your contact info and we'll meet sometime

By Nkemdilim on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 11:16 pm: Edit

From what I've heard, Washu parties suck. My older brother goes there so I guess he would know. Go to wash and lee if u want party.

By asdf on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 11:44 pm: Edit

Does anyone have confirmed stats from Wash U accepted studetns?

By not shallow i swear on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 04:59 pm: Edit

are u serious ne? lol

anyway i'm definitely an accepted student and my stats are:
1410 SAT (720 V 690 M) 730 Writing SAT II, 4 AP Eng Lit

3.4 unweighted gpa at a new england prep school

- webmaster of church's web page
- big brothers/big sisters
- president of female rights group
- tennis for four years
etc, etc

i kinda think i was in the bottom group of the people who got in tho.. i really made it known that i wanted to go there to the woman who was going to read my app and i think she liked me a lot. otherwise i wouldn't have had a chance b/c of my grades..

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page