California CC to UC

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: California CC to UC
By Goansongo (Goansongo) on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 05:18 pm: Edit

Hello all.

Nationality: Vietnamese
Languages: Vietnamese, English, Spanish, Japanese, currently studying French. (Yes, I do speak them all, not just a few phrases here and there).
Current job: realtor
Activities: selling houses, buying houses, piano (over 10 years now), learning new languages, playing videogames until the wee hours of the morning.

I'm at a California CC (Cypress Community College) right now and I'm planning to transfer within a year and a half or so. My GPA so far is pretty ok. I have a 3.45 right now and I'm in the honors program (and quite sure I'll complete it in time).
I want to transfer into UCLA with a Business Economics major. I'm not that involved in school activities because I have to work in my free time. I'm a realtor (yes, I have a real estate license). I was hoping maybe the real estate thing would make me look a little better since it does have to do with business (which is my major).
I'm also interested in UCI or UCSD if I'm rejected by UCLA. Actually, I'm interested in any UC that will take me.
With all this, are my chances OK for getting into UCLA or for any UC for that matter?

By Goansongo (Goansongo) on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 08:44 pm: Edit

please reply! anyone????

By Humbleservant (Humbleservant) on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 09:43 pm: Edit

Transfering into ucla is pretty easy, but I think you'll need at least a 3.5 GPA

By Goansongo (Goansongo) on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 12:58 am: Edit

3.5? That's it?

By Sdgirl (Sdgirl) on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 04:37 am: Edit

uci for sure

By Sdgirl (Sdgirl) on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 04:39 am: Edit

ucr and ucsc is so damn easy to transfer to.

By Goansongo (Goansongo) on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 05:05 pm: Edit

hmm... ok. thanks

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page