Lewis and Clark - Daughter Deferred

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: Lewis and Clark - Daughter Deferred
By Tamwitch (Tamwitch) on Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 06:47 pm: Edit

Anyone have experience with this school as far as deferred admissions? Ideas????

By dontknow on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 12:58 am: Edit

L&C admits 68% of their applicants. I got in with these stats:

1340 sat, 2140 sat2, 3.9 gpa. what are ur daughter's credentials? all 12 people who applied there from my high school in California got in and their stats were that superb either.

i don't really know what to tell you because, according to the school's stats, it is relatively easy to get in. sorry.

By tamwitch on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 03:45 pm: Edit

She has great things going for her. Her GPA is around a 3.75 weighted however. Her SATs are quite low at 1180. But she has performed on stage at the Sydney Opera House, taught English to students in Beijing China, Taken an intensive Spanish Language class in Mexico, Been a peer counselor. She is mature and level headed and has overcome some real obstacles. We are seding a portfolio of current work and some representive articles about her extra cirricular activities. Do you think it might help?

By Pat57575 (Pat57575) on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 05:36 pm: Edit

I'm surprised she didn't get in... :-/

By dxiw on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 07:33 pm: Edit

it should help, also make sure that they recieved every part of the app.

By dontknow on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 08:02 pm: Edit

wow! i also can't believe she didn't get in with those activities. i admit that your daughter's EC are much more impressive than mine, but i think her SAT and UW gpa might have hurt her chances. sending portfolio could potentially be helpful, but that's the same thing as appealing admission decision. i don't think lewis and clark permits appeals, but it's worth a try. honestly, i don't think it'll help, but there's no wrong in trying. good lcuk

By tamwitch on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 01:11 am: Edit

I guess the activities are why she is deferred instead of rejected. Can anyone think or any other strategies we could be using...Also what is the worse student you have heard about being accepted at Whitman???? Grade and SAT wise I mean.

By Incognito (Incognito) on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 01:16 am: Edit

A good essay is crucial. As for Whitman, I'd check out their site for stats. If they dont have them, then Barnes & Noble has tons of books on college stats (like Av SAT score and stuff)...

By tamwitch on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 01:22 am: Edit

Her essay is very gutsy and quite personal. Whitman's averages are well over her scores.

By Marcie on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 03:03 am: Edit

Whitman is hard to get into and full of very smart kids. If her GPA isn't that high you might not want her there. I know of two brilliant valedictorians who go there. They might like her unusual ECs though.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page