Would you please look at this and make a comment?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: Would you please look at this and make a comment?
By Tsukasa (Tsukasa) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 03:23 am: Edit

Hi.
I am an international student studying at a community college in Wyoming, USA. I am applying to UCB, UCLA, Cornell, MIT, U. of Wisconsin-madison, and Tulane U.
My GPA is 3.9x. Majoring in Chemistry. President of the International Club. In Phi Theta Kappa.
Being a tutor and worked at the library. Play in the orchestra - piano and bass. Good letters of reference. Reasonably well crafted essays. Have community services. SAT 2 CHEM-760 MATH-730 TOEFL-CBT-250
Do I have a shot for those schools above?
Greatly appreciated.

By Sirrahzil (Sirrahzil) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 01:54 pm: Edit

I think you've got a pretty good chance at Tulane, and I know that UCLA has an extremely high acceptance rate for students out of community colleges. I'm afraid that's all I know though.

By Tsukasa (Tsukasa) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 03:56 pm: Edit

thank you

By Tsukasa (Tsukasa) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 03:56 pm: Edit

please...anyone else

By Acennace (Acennace) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 07:09 pm: Edit

I heard UW-Madison loves int'l students with money!!! ;)

By Stargzrlilychk1 (Stargzrlilychk1) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 07:55 pm: Edit

what college at cornell, you should have a fair shot there as well if you had good essays and recommendations

By Tsukasa (Tsukasa) on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 02:37 am: Edit

thank you, guys/girls
keep it up :-)

By Avs21 (Avs21) on Sunday, May 16, 2004 - 02:48 am: Edit

Tsukasa,

You are in at Tulane for sure. UCLA being from out of state will hurt you. I know people that got rejected from UCLA this year that had 3.7 GPA's and they are in state.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page