Need opinion/what to do

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: Need opinion/what to do
By Vitameatavegami (Vitameatavegami) on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 10:27 pm: Edit

Hey, I'm new to this board. I have a question/situation and would like anyone's advice.
Okay I'm a senior at a private school in Georgia. It's more of a private/alternative school, not easy courses so much as individualized learning. It is also a school for people with dyslexia and ADD, stuff like that Anyway I'm about to graduate and I've only apllied to two colleges, Kennesaw State and the Atlanta Institute of Music, Next year I'm going to attend the Atlanta Institute of Music, which is sort of like a college for music only, but it's only a year, no college credit. I can probably go to a community college also next year.
Okay so my question is about schools i can get into not next year, but the year after. I was looking at colleges like DePaul and Gilford, but i visited and am not interested. I would love to go to Berkeley or another school in Cali, but i don't know what i can get into
I have
SAT: 1310 (640M)
Going to take SAT II's in June, writing, lit, and Math IC
I've had several jobs, none more than 9months
Most of my spare time is put into music, I've been in several bands, played several shows, recorded very little.
Been nominated for some science thing
Had a lot of family trouble, not money, death's and such, which has kept me from doing a lot
Umm I would have great reps
No AP's or honors except freshman year, my school didn't offer them, now does... sort of late for me
4.0 almost probably in top 5 of my class
I'm wondering if there is anything else i should do, like volunteer, something.

Please help
I want opinions

By Vitameatavegami (Vitameatavegami) on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 10:35 pm: Edit

oh yeah, i don't want to major in music, i'm undecided

By Robert456 (Robert456) on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 10:59 pm: Edit

Sure...I am from atlanta also...so I guess I can give you the dl. I am confused as to why you have decided to go to a music school (which I am sure is fine) when you could go on the HOPE scholarship to anywhere in Georgia and major in music or whatever. I guess I am not the one to give advice on UC Berk. b/c I know very little about it, but I would suggest Emory, UGA, GT, columbus state, vanderbilt, wake F, Tulane, University of South Carolina, Ole Miss, and Furman. All of those are match schools for you, and I think that the south is a much better place for schools. Stay here...we are so much nicer!

By Vitameatavegami (Vitameatavegami) on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 11:07 pm: Edit

I like music, but I don't want to be a teacher or anything, i just like playing. The music school basically prepares its students for a studio musician career, which would be great for me, but i also want to go to real college. I like the south, I'm going to apply at UGA and State, but I wanted to get away from home. I've lived right next to Atlanta my whole life.
Oh yeah and the HOPE can be used for the music school
Thanks for responding
Anyone else?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page