|By K516 (K516) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 07:38 pm: Edit|
Which is the best school in your opinion and why?
|By Skulkarni1 (Skulkarni1) on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 08:47 am: Edit|
Umich for sure.........
1. academically, it's the second best public college in the nation, right behind Bekeley and UVA which are tied at first (according to US news)
2. the school spirit rocks
3. they've got a lot of diversity
4. liberal school, to say the least
5. ann arbor is a great college town- it is what a college town should be- great restaurants and other places to hang out, but not huge, because if it were huge then campus life would suck, which it doesn't
6. it's got a good mix of greek and nongreek life, whichever suits your taste
7. there are so many student organizations, that you have to seriousely have no personality to not find something you'd like!
8. it's big, yet TA's lead DISCUSSION GROUPS, not classes (atleast that's what people who actually go there tell me, contrary to the princeotonreview)
boston college, from what i've heard, isn't academically great? i could be wrong, but that was my perception....it's not in the top 25...i kno rankings aren't everything so no one attack me, i'm just saying that's what i heard...if i'm wrong i'm wrong
NYU is a great school too, but because of its' location in New York city, campus life isn't great because everyone does their own thing in the city.
In my opinion, it's Umich. but i'm a michigan resident. and love Umich. so i may be slightly biased.
in the end, it's up to what you are looking for in a college. if ur trying to decide where to go, you have to say something about what YOU want. for example, if you want to be a director or a fashion designer then ur best bet is probably going to NYU because those type of jobs stress dire need on LOCATION. however if you want to be a doctor location doesn't mean anything. it all depends. i do kno one thing tho, Umich by U.S news is ranked the highest of all three. no one attack me! i kno that's not everything, but it's a fact
|By Iluvtoshop (Iluvtoshop) on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 09:31 am: Edit|
K516, what do you want from the school. What are your interests what do you plan on majoring in?, What kind of aid did you get from the 3 schools? THose are things you should be telling us so you can get a good opinion on the school. There is more to a school than a name.
|By K516 (K516) on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 06:14 pm: Edit|
i'm planning to major in premedical studies and psychology. so, i'll be taking the required sciences while pursuing my personal interest topic. I have yet to get financial aid packages from all three schools, but it's not the biggest factor for me. I can't say that I'm avoiding prestige, but it is essentially not one of the biggest factors as well.
|By K516 (K516) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 10:42 pm: Edit|
|By K516 (K516) on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 01:07 am: Edit|
|By Poeman (Poeman) on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 02:33 am: Edit|
i would say michagan also. NYU has some flaws that are not quite good for the out of towners.
|By Jude69 (Jude69) on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 03:14 am: Edit|
It's odd that I was admitted to UMich, but rejected by NYU and BC. My stats are in my profile.
|By K516 (K516) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 05:58 am: Edit|
thanks guys, bump
|By Impulse (Impulse) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 10:19 am: Edit|
Thats not odd Jude because BC and NYU are harder to get into in the first place.
Report an offensive message on this page E-mail this page to a friend
|Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.|
|Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only|