Chances for indian at some elite schools

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: Chances for indian at some elite schools
By Gogirl (Gogirl) on Saturday, February 08, 2003 - 01:15 am: Edit

i am indian student applying to
m.i.t
brown
dartmouth
duke
university of michigan,ann arbor
michigan state university[got admission]
illinois institute of technology[got admission]
university of cincinnati.

my stats are:
1470/1600-sat1[730v;740m]
math2c:800
chemistry:800
writing:760
toefl-290/300.
g.p.a.:4.0/4.0

ecs:headgirl of school
assistant prefect-grade11
prefect in lower grades.
member of school basketball team[grade9,10,11,12]
school choir.
regular contributor to school magazine and school newsletter.
won bronze medal for standing third in i.c.s.e.from association of indian secondary schools
won numerous essay writing competitions[nationwide]
participated in the prestigious programme for encouragement of leadership in science conducted by council for industrial and scientific research,india.

excellent recommendations.
intended major:chemical engineering
minor:business and monetary economics.

please let me know about the chances i have in these universities.

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Saturday, February 08, 2003 - 01:26 am: Edit

you'll get in anywhere

By WOW on Saturday, February 08, 2003 - 01:37 am: Edit

WOW.......u stood allindia 3rd!!!!!! my god! what was ur percentage?

By unknown on Saturday, February 08, 2003 - 02:36 am: Edit

Was that third all india or third in the state,just checking.

By gamer on Saturday, February 08, 2003 - 02:44 am: Edit

Don't you think you should stop worrying.You've already got admission into IIT and Michigan State Universities,both very good Universities.You'll definitely make it into Brown and Dartmouth and Duke.Nothing can be guaranteed however.The Admission procedures also take into account your essays, and can be highly fickle.A guy with a 1560 didn't get into Mit.The other Universities should'nt be much of a problem.But all that you can do now is sit back and relax and just hope for the best.

By who on Saturday, February 08, 2003 - 05:44 am: Edit

you are obviously faking thru ure back teeth...the ICSE doesnt rank students all-india... skools find out who topped which city by calling up their principals and asking...

why ? i think its a genetic problem with us indians... cant stop ourselves from lying our ••••••• ass off...

p.s. if u are from LMG i noe who u are !

By unknown on Saturday, February 08, 2003 - 09:43 am: Edit

Curios : what's LMG?

By Mika on Saturday, February 08, 2003 - 12:33 pm: Edit

gogirl I didn't know you're Indian!

this is totally off topic, but PLEASE tell me what "Mundian To Bach Ke" means :)

my sister is driving me crazy with this song, so please help me stop her from playing it any more.. I have to find out what the title means...

By great on Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 01:16 am: Edit

who:don't worry gogirl is pure HPS blood,she's not from LMG.

By veena on Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 01:27 am: Edit

who: icse doesnt rank ppl all-india......?? oh i dint kno that one! thanx! and to say im from icse...jeez..

By WOW on Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 01:28 am: Edit

Hey Gogirl:
repeat: what was ur percentage?

By htre on Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 01:42 am: Edit

it means: beware of boys

By audience on Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 01:44 am: Edit

Interesting drama going on here...

By unknown on Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 01:46 am: Edit

Figured it out,doesn't it stand for La Martiniere for Girls,excuse the spelling.

By Mika on Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 04:16 am: Edit

htre, thanx

By Gogirl (Gogirl) on Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 11:27 am: Edit

icse %:94.6%
stood third in south zone.
sorry for the controversy
more specifically froma.p.,india.

By anti-lie-league on Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 11:45 am: Edit

crap! ICSE doesnt rank, so the fact that u got a medal is plain B U L L S H I T... and nobody cares whether you were a prefect for eg my school has about 20 of em, all u have to do is suck up to the teacher! the headgirl thing may help though
as far as the CISR leadership thing is, any person who got above 90% gets an invitation, i got one myself, its no big deal. and how did u get a GPA doing ICSE? GPA isnt followed by indian boards. From what i see, ure lying through your ass. ppl like u give indians a bad name.

By gogirl on Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 11:52 am: Edit

besides,"who" i am definitely not who you think i am .
all stats and ecs given are authentic.
why will i want to fake about my chances?
be realistic for heavens sake.

i did stand third and did receive the bronze medal.regional though and i.c.s.e. does not rank nationwide [for clarification].
but regional wise and state wise ranks are made out everyone.contact other teachers from icse association-if you want to clarify.
SORRY TO EVEYONE ON THE FORUM ;
I FORGOT TO MENTION THIS FACT CLEARLY.

besides i am looking to know about my chances in the universities mentioned above.
SO PEOPLE PLEASE HELP!!

By gogirl on Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 12:24 pm: Edit

well anti lier league;

it seems that you don't knoe that there is something for a score and % conversion chart for each school.
secondly,i am not DEFINITELY NOT LYING.
so you can just shut the f*** UP.

THIRDLY,
I DID GET THE MEDAL IF THAT IS OF ANY IMPORTANCE TO YOU.AND AS I HAVE SPECIFIED ABOVE EVERTHING IS AUTHENTIC.
if you don't have anything constructive to say then just shut up.

i really don't care what you say;but if you really have some strong opinions ,then keep yhem to yourself,you lousy b******.

By hmmm on Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 01:02 pm: Edit

hey question gogirl...im not disputing with u .. but by any chance is it an andra pradesh medal and not a south zone medal? cuz someone told me they kno someone with the exact same score but did not get a medal.....

By dreamboat on Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 07:33 pm: Edit

hey, i got 94.7% in ICSE, i didnt get any medal though?!?!

By great on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 03:24 am: Edit

well dreamboat that's your loss,I second the fact that gogirl did get a bronze medal for getting that percentage.She's from my school,so I know.Congrats on that amazing score.I myself got a 91.6%, not that it makes any difference to anybody.
And quite seriously everyone on the site needs to get a life.Worrying about someone else's percentage should'nt create so much of a controversy and such an amazing array of such colourful words.It's quite silly.

By stanford rulez on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 09:27 am: Edit

Hello great, we all know u are gogirl in disguise.gogirl get a life!

By great on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 10:00 am: Edit

oK LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT,lET ME TELL YOU VEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYY CLEARLY THAT GOGIRL HAPPENS TO STUDY IN MY SCHOOL AND IS A FRIEND OF MINE,AND LET ME ALSO REITERATE THE FACT THAT SHE DID GET A BRONZE,SO YOU CAN JUST CUT THE CRAP AND F**K OFF.YOU ARE THE ONE WHO LACKS A LIFE.ONLY AN A**HOLE LIKE YOU WOULD DREAM UP SUCH WIERD IDEAS.

By argh on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 10:45 am: Edit

hmm great.. u just said urself that u dont like using colourful words. for god sakes dont use them urself.

By bbm2342 on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 11:22 am: Edit

hey stanford rulez, ure right , great is just gogirl in disguise, look at all the posts by gogirl and great, both use profane language in CAPITALS and seem to have the same rotten personality.

By remo on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 11:23 am: Edit

hehe, gogirl seems to have her case taken in this discussion!! givew her a break guys!

By who on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 01:57 pm: Edit

go girl is definitely lyin.... her 2 'friends' are invented... and i personally noe 5 ppl from calcutta who got higher marks than that in the icse, as well as 3 from mumbai...so please go jump woman...
u might have got 94.6...im not denying that , but u def havnt gotten bronze medal...

By stanford rulez on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 02:37 pm: Edit

yeah i agree with who....94.6% maybe...bronze no chance! dumb liar

By Gogirl (Gogirl) on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 04:46 am: Edit

well!

i guess people pay the price for defending me.
"great" ,i am sorry about that.
as for the others,
i really don't care if you think yhat i have multiple personality disorder;because great and i study study in the same school;know each other quite well;and he is a great guy.

so,if you have some problem with my stats,so be it.besides,it is not my problem,if there are millions who got higher than 94.6%;because the highest percentages change;and i was lucky to be in the top 3 in my state and to get the bronze medal.

however,it is hard to believe that 94%percenters on this forum who have accused me of lying,do not seem to realise the fact that icse rankings,%s
differ from place to place and time to time!!??

as for the profanity,no one [atleast me ]can stand being called 'a disgrace to the country',a 'phony' a liar,when all my stats are perfectly authentic.

so if you are disgruntled and depressed that some person got a bronze medal;then that is definitely your problem.

By Aditya on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 10:16 am: Edit

LOL, this thread makes for some interesting reading! Well, let's stop disputing abt Gogirl's authenticity. Hey gogirl, I think u should be aiming much higher than Illinois and stuff. I think MIT is a long shot for u. But can't say anything abt the admissions process. Its just a gamble.

By great on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 12:03 am: Edit

honored

By Smac86 (Smac86) on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 03:22 am: Edit

You wouldn't get a bronze medal in the CBSE with a 94.6%! And the ICSE is supposed to be more scoring than the CBSE!
Why the hell are you fabricating that bit? You don't need to, not if you got 94.6%. Cut the bronze medal thingie out and you'd still be awesome.
Also >>stood third in south zone. <<...
I would've believed you had you said East zone or something... But believe me, people in the South get close to 98%. They can kick everyone's a$$! So please do us a favour and not post such blatantly fabricated statistics.
Cheers!
[I don't have any personal grudge against you... But once ppl start lying, our chances of getting in get reduced]

By gogirl on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 05:22 am: Edit

smac 86,

icse is far........far tougher than cbse.
when i tookk icse ,that year the following were the highest percentages from a.p.

icse first:95.5%
icse second:95.2%
icse third:94.6%
ALL FROMANDHRA PRADESH;not south zone;sorry again.

cbse first;the guy is from some army school in hyderabad ;got an awesome %of 98.
these are the facts;now judge for yourself which board is lenient.
i can say that it was fairly easy to get a 94%in icse boards.

besides,icse and isc has scaling procedures;which make it difficult for a person to score VERY high marks,be it from south ,north,east or west.

moreover,most people from south prefer the state board or cbse when compared to icse.so the highest percentages are generally obtained from people inwest bengal or maharashtra.

it is clearly a misconception that icse is easier to score than cbse .
and i don't have to repeat the fact that i am not lying.

By Chutiyas on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 05:55 am: Edit

All you people are Chutiyas with no life....CHUTIYA's !!

By Silly people on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 06:01 am: Edit

American colleges don't differentiate as long as the corresponding grade is an A1/A2 -- that is what they look at, I've been told by Ambrose, the Uppen dean who came to Delhi in October..... Common ppl, chill out....

By Chill on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 06:06 am: Edit

Didn't you ppl attend Ambroseís seminar? My God, your bronze medal is not going to get you in Gogirl, your SATs and EC's are, coupled with your A1's and A2's throughout school.

By ohwell on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 06:10 am: Edit

well a upenn admission officer came and told us that they dont understand the difference between icse cbse and state. But i was personally happy to find that in many of the applications "icse" external exams was specifically asked for. Esp berkeley, according to me, relies heavily on it. Oh well... lets see what happens.

By Aditya on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 06:38 am: Edit

It is a nobrainer that CBSE is far far more lenient than ICSE when it comes to corrections. In my city, Bangalore, majority of the schools are ICSE, there is only 1 decent CBSE school. The highest % in Bangalore for ICSE was 94.6% and in my school only 9 ppl scored above 90%, whereas in that one school 25 students scored above 90% with the highest being 97.5%, and 6 students scoring above 95%. CBSE is WAYYYYYYYYY more lenient!

By veena on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 07:07 am: Edit

well ya, cbse is WAY more linient, cuz they dotn really look for the definitions etc with a critical eye. If u get somewhat of the definition, u are awarded the marks. If u miss one word, one term in icse ur dead. i got this from a teacehr who had corrected for both boards, so.... Anyway, in 12th, cbse is easier in teh sense, u literally have 30 marks garunteed for ur pracs, we in isc, have it much tougher. Its reall yreally easy to mess up ur pracs. its sick actually.

HEY I HAVE A QUESTION. I heard from someone that u can find out the salts before hand for isc. Is that true? how? we have lots of problems with mixtures. first of all the salt never dissolves for the basic radical analysis, and even if t does the precipitates never come....Do you all have the same prob? please if u have any idea, mail me at chermiel@yahoo.com. Thanx loads..

By gogirl on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 09:39 am: Edit

hi veena!

you and i have something in common:sounds like you are from isc like me.

as for chem pracs.,
i don't know anything about getting the radicals before hand;are you referring to the preliminary tests;where you smell ;heat the salt ;perform some tests like filterash,etc.,with these you can easily identify the salts.
to hell with confirmatory,once you get the initial tests right;you don't have to perform them.

sometimes even we have a problem in school with ppts.,i think getting the ppts.,comes down to good luck and nothing else.

By veena on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 09:52 am: Edit

Hmmm so u do the ash test? Filterash... do u mean dipping it on cobolt nitrate and burnign? we arent even supposed to do it... Heating the salts? we dont do that EITHER! argh.... smell ya like acetate and stuff is ok...but what is really irritating is that systematic basic analysis. Nothing seems to work! Acid radical analysis is fine.

well i heard thro someone, who heard from someone in cal that u can get the salts beforehand (board salts).in the sense, they leak out or something.......i dunno......doesnt sound plausible to me... but i was just checkin up

im applyin for engineering, and comparing our lists, i cant even find one in common! wierd...

By Aditya on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 10:09 am: Edit

hey if someone DOES come up with any method of finding out the Salt Radicals beforehand....PLZZZZZZZZZ tell me!!:(, i've been struggling with that throughout. And I've never even heard of the ash test??!!! But, yes we do heat at least. But in my school(Bishop Cotton,Bangalore), there is a tip off abt some radicals, that maybe coming, but i'm not sure how accurate they are!

And can u plz tell me how much the ISC marks will affect my admission. I've already been admitted to Stanford ED, and do sincerely not want to be kicked out! But, the rate at which I'm going that does seem to be a very probable.

By gogirl on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 10:12 am: Edit

veena

what are your stats.
though there is a lot of controversy with mine,
they are up there.
what universities are you applying to?

By veena on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 11:52 am: Edit

well mine are blah.........they arent that great

1470 730v 740m

2380 800 chem 800 2c 780 writing...

thatz my stats..yeah i have ecs, dance and stuff, performed and been reviewed by a few newspapers... umm..yeah head girl of my scchool, president of interact... some other random stuff not very important anyway......pllllllzzzzzzz tell me about ur analysis......i mean basic......im SOOOOOO DEAD there

princeton
cornell
rice (gotten in! yay!)
usc
ut-austin
uiuc
uc-berkeley
uc-sd
purdue (gotten in)

hmmm...hey do tell me... what is that ash test u do..im in a miserable state as far as chem pracs go......ive been tryin for 2 yrs and I NEVER get those STUPID radicals.. i really dont want it to ruin my isc.. ARGH..... plz do tell me......what do u mean by ash test? what about heating?

By gogirl on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 12:46 pm: Edit

princeton is tough to get in.
i would suggest not to keep high hopes on that.
cornell is considerably easier.as for the rest it will be a cakewalk.

is usc -university of southern california or university of south carolina?

as for the filter ash test:mix equal volumes of original sol.,and cobalt nitrate sol.,dip filter paper.heat till it chars.
then let it cool.if the charred paper turns green ,then zinc is present.

you have not told me about the chances that i have.

By veena on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 01:01 pm: Edit

usc-university of southern california...
thanx for the words...
thanx for the filterash test as well...
i dont think u will have probs anywhere....

By Parmanu Pundit aka parma on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 03:05 pm: Edit

Now, y is miss veena doubting the fact that she will get admissions EVERYWHERE! (though stanford mein thoda hichkich is possible !The Indian cricket team is more predictable!), but frankly u should've searched for some better colleges with your kinda stats....u know,the duke,CMU,UPenn types. U seemed to have focussed on California, got relatives? then good choice...else... CA tends to get more expensive than quoted.

btw ur parallel ISC chem class with gogirl is freakin me out! which skool r u in? how come u didnt do filter ash?As far as board salts are concerned, focus generally on Zn, Al,Cl,CO3,...they r most common, but ALWAYS follow gogirl's steps first....thy're better than notes we rec'd!

newayz congrats on getting theu rice... i always wanted to go there but didnt apply coz of fin aid lafda.

btw, does USC offer aid for Intl students? I know it is too late now, but generally...

and if u got any physix doubts, ask me...will be glad to help...whats ur optional? comp?

By parma on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 03:12 pm: Edit

btw, gogirl did get a BRONZE....

By parma on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 03:26 pm: Edit

but I got a better SAT MATH score than her....probably the only time in my life I managed to get past the great, almost legendary gogirl (she seems to have become quite a legend in this forum too it seems!)
AND SHE DUZ NOT HAVE SOME MULTIPLE WAHTEVA DISORDER...AND ALL HER SUPPORTES (take me for example!) happen to be authentic MADE IN INDIA, MADE FOR THE WORLD (passport no. Q 345623!) material who do not go to online forums under alias names to fake stats and medal stuff just to be abused by a bunch on non-deserving ,jealous,anti-national(thats 4 u anti lier whateva...u shud be on the Jehad-e-jhootistan league),uncouth dharti ke bojh who dont believe
anyone can be better than them.

Bolo bolo zor se bolo : Gogirl Zindabad,bolo, Gogirl Zindabad!

By parma on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 03:34 pm: Edit

sorry Veena, i meant Princeton , not stanford...

By gogirl on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 11:01 pm: Edit

thank you parma for the kind words.
but why do i have a vague feeling that i know you....

By veena on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 12:05 am: Edit

well ya i got 3 relatives i california...one cousin in texas-at rice in fact, he is dion his phd there...one in ohio.. but as far as choosing my unis went i chose more based on the engineering rankings than anything else.. i remember eliminating each for different reasons, some cuz they were located in major cities.....my father feels that they are going to get bombed by none other than osama! argh...
thanx much for the encouragement... well usc doesnt give aid.....but it gives merit scholarships that dont seem too hard to get....

Optional is biology !!!!! ARGH i dunno why i took the darned thing......

other than that god knos why i applied to the schools i did.. i just did.. hmm wierd.. i will get the ash test done... ( i heard from a cbse friend that if it turns blue then its Al and if it turns pink Mn???)

By veena on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 12:06 am: Edit

what about u parma? where u applyin/aimin for?

By Aditya on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 01:23 am: Edit

hey gogirl, u said u want to do chem engg, but yr top schools(MIT,Dartmouth,Brown,Duke) aren't all that great when it comes to engg, except MIT(Which is the best engg institiute in the world). Why did u choose those universities????

By gogirl on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 02:15 am: Edit

that's because dartmouth ,duke and brown are comparatively easier to get into with my stats when compared to stanford,caltech,princeton,columbiaetc.,

of the three the 2 are ivys and one has a better reputation than an ivy league.besides,engineering is just the basic degree ;i might shift over to monetary economics and business later;

what are your stats and where all did you apply?
mit is just

By gogirl on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 02:20 am: Edit

brown,dartmouth donot have very high ranking;infact michigan state university has a better ranking;but two are ivys and duke has a better reputation than an ivy.
moreover,engineering is the basic degree and i might switch over to monetary economics and business later.

besides with my kind of stats,it is easier to get intoyhe above schools than princeton,columbia,caltech,stanford etc.,

By gogirl on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 02:24 am: Edit

sorry for repeating the post;thought i had deleted the earlier one.

By Rohan on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 03:23 am: Edit

if the ash is blue,then its aluminium and if its pinkish red,its magnesium.
Veena which textbook do they use in your school?

By Rohan on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 04:35 am: Edit

One more thing,more specifically to Aditya and Veena,when you sent in your mid year reports,what kind of percentage did you have on your transcript.
Just Checking,I'd get a fair idea of where I stand.Please reply.

By veena on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 05:45 am: Edit

thanx rohan. We use madan and bisht, but i recently got Vp saxena and im not able to change the style.. im too used to madan and bisht but the wierd thing is that both are TOTALLY different. i mean.....TOTALLY... for eg. we learn mobius method of extraction of flourine while in vp saxena th modern carbon method is given. im not really sure what to do about that. mid yr report.. i havent sent it in yet, itll most probably go in tommorow. percentage..hmm...around 82%

By Aditya on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 05:46 am: Edit

Well, gogirl, I think you are frankly underestimating your chances at elite universities. Everyone has this lack of confidence, and as I see it, u r a very well qualified applicant.

I applied to a load of schools(or at least had planned to) and before I could finish all my applications, the Stanford acceptance later was in the mail:)...The schools I applied to were:

1.Stanford
2.MIT
3.Dartmouth(never finished the app)
4.Upenn(never finished the app)
5. UC Berkeley,San Diego, UCLA
8.University of Illinois-Urbana Champagne
9.Illinois Institiute of Technology(cuz it was free:))
10.University of Texas - Austin

My stats are very modest for a Stanford admit
SAT 1 = 1500(V=700,M=800)
I wrote the SAT 2's but never submitted them to Stanford, so i got through without SAT 2!!!

Rank 1/90 in school....92% ICSE....currently at an ISC school

EC's Include - Journalism,Debate,IT Captain, Student Government Body, Interact Club President, Creative Writing, a few olympiads

And Last but not least, it was my essay that clinched it for me. I think I'm at Stanford because of my essay, though some do disagree(Veena, I mean u!).

Rohan, i still haven't sent in my mid term reports, but will be sending them shortly. The percentages on the mid terms aren't very promising. Percentage is 81%, and rank is 3/91.

Oh yeah, gogirl, how on earth did u manage to secure an aggregate of 94.6%, thats truly amazing!

Best of luck!

By veena on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 05:51 am: Edit

Ahem when did i disagree that it was ur essay or whatever? i just dont think its solely ur essay, must be other stuff along with it. I think the early interest u showed in stanford helped loads, and i think u get what i mean. Pluz all the stuff u never bother to mention online... u kno what that is as well :). anyway.
my school doesnt rank us...

By gogirl on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 06:20 am: Edit

how did you get in without sat2s??!!!
are you going for engineering?
hey!you must have got accepted by iit;if you sent your application before jan i5th.

may be i should have applied to columbia;but the bigger ivys,no way!!
probably think of others as a transfer student.

By gogirl on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 06:24 am: Edit

veena
madan and bisht is good;vp saxena sucks;don't touch that;half the reactiona are rong;improperly balanced;

don't have to get that worried about pracs.,just buy the chem .manual ;read through before exam.

By Aditya on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 06:33 am: Edit

LOL, the usual surprise of how did i get in without Sat 2's!:)....yeah i'm doing engg. Computer science and managament, that is why i applied to Stanford. Yeah, i did get accepted by IIT, but now have withdrawn my apps.

Yeah, i guess u can transfer but i think still u should have applied to the ivies.

By Aditya on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 06:36 am: Edit

Hey, I'm doing VP!!!:(.....gonna fail i guess. The reactions are properly balanced, but Madan n bisht has far more equations. And the problems in Madan n Bisht are all wrong. I think a fine balance between the 2 would do the trick.

By veena on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 06:46 am: Edit

manual? what manual??? HUH.......sheesh i feel ignorant........

By veena on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 06:50 am: Edit

hmmm but from madan and bisht i dotn study all teh equations.. i only study the important ones..

By Rohan on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 07:35 am: Edit

Anybody ever thought of using K L Chugh,I follow that.It's the most comprehensive book you'll find for ISC.Even though it does have some unnecessary stuff,but that can always be overlooked.Have a look at it,it's really amazing.
Personally,I like to stick to one book.(Chugh) but people have different ways of studying,so it's up to you.
The practical lessons at the back of VP Saxena are the best to get your confirmatory tests right.My Chemistry teacher recommends that,and mind you He's really difficult to please,so it must be good.
The Chemistry manual that gogirl is referring to has to be the ISC practical manual by V.C. Garg(Vol 2).
But,no sweat,V.P.Saxena is ideal for the salt analysis and a few tests for the organic bit as well.
Just curious:Which school are you from Veena.

By veena on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 07:54 am: Edit

sishya, chennai......what about u?

By Aditya on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 08:58 am: Edit

I have that manual, but never seem to read it. Maybe, I should pay some intention to detail,

By Rohan on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 10:54 am: Edit

Ever heard of The Hyderabad Public School.

By veena on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 11:25 am: Edit

yep ... where are u applying?

By raj on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 12:41 pm: Edit

Rohan - I knew a teacher there. Mr Cyriac Mathan in Hydrabad Pablic school

By gogirl on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 12:01 am: Edit

i am from the hyderabad public school;but don't know anyone called cyriac mathan;must be from the other hps;there are two in hyderabad.

what physics textbook do you all follow?

By veena on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 12:15 am: Edit

bhatnagar........u?

By gogirl on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 07:00 am: Edit

same

By Rohan on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 10:22 am: Edit

Raj,Cyriac Mathan was from HPS,Begumpet,the school that I study in and the same school even gogirl goes to.But there's one slight hitch,Mr.Mathan was in HPS when my Dad attended Hps,so we're talking the early 70's here.He was the Director of Physical Education,so you get the drift right.That post is now held by one Mr. Emmanuel(just an additional piece of info).

Veena,
the colleges that i've applied to go something like this:
MIT
Dartmouth
Brown
Rutgers
IIT
FIT
University of Toronto
National University of Singapore

I might be applying to Purdue,but If I don't get into the big 3,then I'm most probably headed for Rutgers.

By veena on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 10:26 am: Edit

right.....thanx! purdue is easy to get thro, and the app takes 20 mins to complete...
u r tryin for schol at NUS? are u ok with the 6 yr bond???

By Rohan on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 10:37 am: Edit

Well no,That's why if I don't get a visa(god forbid!)then I'm going to go to Toronto.According to their website I've got a High 80's % of getting in.
I applied to Singapore just to go with the flow,everybody semed to be applying ,parma's applied,gogirl's applied so I could'nt feel left out.
From what I've read(though I may be wrong) that its a 6 year bond if you want a full scholarship.
It's 3 years generally for a partial reduction in fee.Comes to about 3 lacs per annum,so I'm cool with that.The counsellor from Nus had come into our school and mentioned one advantage,that working for a singapore company doesn't necessarily mean that you have to work in Singapore,you could be posted in India too.
Correct me on this one.

By Aditya on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 10:42 am: Edit

Hey rohan, rutgers is a pretty good school. My uncle graduated from Rutgers,NJ. The only drawback about Rutgers is its campus and the fact that its situated in NJ(I have a grudge against NJ). But, overall its a pretty good institute. What are your stats Rohan?

I can't wait for the boards to get over!!!!!!! After that................:)

By gogirl on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 10:45 am: Edit

why do you have a grudge against NJ,aditya?
just curious.

By veena on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 10:53 am: Edit

yeah thatz true rohan.. what about NTU..have any of u applied there? Im hoping to get thro there. I could apply to NUS as well. Anyway i have the application but im debating whether or not to send it in. Sok if my visa gets rejected, ill stay here. no probs.

By Aditya on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 10:59 am: Edit

Well, gogirl, firstly what's your real name?:) It would be much easier than to continue typing "gogirl". Well, the reason I have a grude against NJ is the fact that I was in NJ for around 10 years!!! Its a very dull, monotonous, dreary place. I don't think its suited for college life, and I definitely wouldn't want to spend 4 yrs of my life.

A fact that I don't think many of u realise is that the US is a very dreary place. Location of the university also plays a very big factor when considering universities. That is why i was more inclined towards the west coast. Dartmouth is a veryyyyyyy beautiful campus!!!! Its lovely. I have 2 seniors currently at Dartmouth. Our school has been consistently had success when it has come to students going to the US over the past 3 yrs. We've had 2 Dartmouth, 1 YAle,1Cornell, Stanford(me) admits.

So, i know u may not be able to understand nor comprehend my affinity for locations, but those are my views.

By gogirl on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 11:07 am: Edit

name is greeshma.
i understand your affinity for locations;
just asked out of curiosity.

By Aditya on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 06:45 am: Edit

Any idea whether universities have a scholarship program on the basis of your performance in your freshman year??...and how many of u intend on returning back to India?..before the age of 100000 i mean.

By Raj on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 08:46 am: Edit

Rohan- u r rt about Cyriac Mathan . He retired in 2000 and met him then. Is not Georgiatec/ Wisconsin Madison etc better than Perdue and Rutgers. Few days back I met a chap doing MS in Rutgers from Madras. He said the place is teeming with Indians.
Were you here before about filing FAFSA, R u US citizen??
What are your Stats

By Aditya on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 09:09 am: Edit

Yeah those schools are better

By Rohan on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 10:35 am: Edit

Tell you what,I'm 100% Indian.It's just that my most of my family(that does not include my parents, who are very much in Hyderabad) stay in New Jersey and New York.They want me to come there.Purdue you're right,I'm not applying.The problem was,my decision of going abroad was made rather hastily,so I didn't quite get my priority schools right.Rutgers has got a merit scholarship by the way,found out today.At first,I thought I needed aid,but then I realized my parents could pay 23 grand for georgia tech fees,and when I realized that the deadline was gone.All that's in the past now.Going by my scheeme of things,I'll ultimately land up in New Jersey first,and then work my butt of and then probably transfer myself.
My stats are not all that great
Sat I 1410(670v 740m)
Sat 2 results tomorrow for the Jan 2003.
Great Recommendations
Great essays (even though I may say so myself)
Amazing leadership skills
Deputy head boy class 12
Assistant Senior Prefect. class 11
Head boy of the previous school I was in.
Dabbled in just about everything ranging from NCC (cadet Sargaent)to Dramatics(amazing actor) to quiz to Being secretary of the Interact club to community service to a job experience to playing soccer for the class team.played cricket too for the school.
Rank 3/39 for my pre-finals with 86.4%.92% Icse.
Well that pretty much sums it up,nothing great really so I've got my bags packed for New Brunswick.

Excuse the order(or the lack of it)

By Rohan on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 10:37 am: Edit

Forgot to add,I'm definitely coming back.

By Aditya on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 01:30 pm: Edit

LOL...New Jersey does seem to be full of Indians, I would term it as mini India. There is a district in NJ called Edison. There the Indians outnumber the Americans 3:1. All the markets are Indian, and its really funny to see Indians all around u. So, I guess NJ really does attract Indians.

By gogirl on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 07:33 am: Edit

aditya;are u an american citizen?
if so then you must be having a lot of aid opportunities;

By Raj on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 08:04 am: Edit

Rohan Ė Donít do anything in hurry. . If necessary wait an year and do things which will improve your chances at good schools. I am writing from Dubai. LAST YEAR ( for 2002 fall) my son got admission in NYU and Georgiatec . But he decided to stay back and improve his chances. Last yr he got SAT 1350 and no SAT 2 . this year he made 1480 and sat 2s and finishing his A levels with straight A s . He already got EA in u of Chicago and Boston College with aid and waiting for few others.
My advice will be to wait and improve your Stats and do some AP etc to reduce the graduation time. ( Boston College offered my son an accelerated ie 3 yr honors program)

By gogirl on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 08:20 am: Edit

hi veena,

not applying to ntu;but from what i have heard all the brainy southeast asian guys go there.
nus is my back up, though.

By veena on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 08:28 am: Edit

thanx gogirl.. its pretty tough to get thro, theres an entrance exam etc (ntu)

By Aditya on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 08:31 am: Edit

Well, gogirl, no i'm not an American Citizen, but wish i were. My dad is a greencard holder and the catch is that within 3 yrs i can gain US citizenship. Yeah, it would have given me a lot of aid opportunities, but I did not have that privilege. But, Stanford I think has really given me a linient chunk of money considering the fact that they have a policy of offering no financial aid to international students. They're giving me close to 45% tuition waiver which can be increased on the basis of my academic performance.

So gogirl, what are your reasons for going to the US?

By Rohan on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 10:13 am: Edit

I'll keep that in mind.Thanks for the advice.

By Rohan on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 10:25 am: Edit

Just had a thought.If I do get into Rutgers,why can't I transfer myself,because all the SAT 1 business,I was not very particular about so I didn't perform all that well for my standards(I may sound arrogant,but I really think I can do much better than a 1410).So once I'm there and am under a little pressure to perform well,I'd do well(I tend to do better under pressure,most of the time I'm overconfident).What are your thoughts on that, Raj.From my understanding they take first semester grades into account....
Just curious:Why didn't your son go to GA Tech.I thought it was an amazing school.
From my undersatnding,your son's going in for engineering,so is Boston College better than GA tech?

By Raj on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 02:30 pm: Edit

Rohan Ė be careful about the advice/info from these sites.
My son did not go to Georgiatec for 2 reasons. Though he originally applied for Eng he was not sure. He may want to change to Economics / finance later . This is not easy in Gtec where Eco is not so good. More imp is , he is born in US and eligible for Aid. . Privet Us give better aid than Public . He wont go to BC , he may go to U Chicago for Ec and the aid is OK . He may do Eng if he gets in Cornell or Dartmouth or economics in Upen / Columbia if gets there,
Adithya- you DONĒT have to be Citizen to get Aid . if your dad is green Card holder you too are eligible . everyone knows that . All Universities say that in their aid sites . If you are genuine you should know that. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWIN A CITIZEN AND LANDED IMMIGRANT for Aid.
Rohan- It is possible to transfer . but donít you think it will better to wait for an year and do things better. This only just my view , donít let it discourage you.

By Raj on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 02:31 pm: Edit

Rohan Ė be careful about the advice/info from these sites.
My son did not go to Georgiatec for 2 reasons. Though he originally applied for Eng he was not sure. He may want to change to Economics / finance later . This is not easy in Gtec where Eco is not so good. More imp is , he is born in US and eligible for Aid. . Privet Us give better aid than Public . He wont go to BC , he may go to U Chicago for Ec and the aid is OK . He may do Eng if he gets in Cornell or Dartmouth or economics in Upen / Columbia if gets there,
Adithya- you DONĒT have to be Citizen to get Aid . if your dad is green Card holder you too are eligible . everyone knows that . All Universities say that in their aid sites . If you are genuine you should know that. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWIN A CITIZEN AND LANDED IMMIGRANT for Aid.
Rohan- It is possible to transfer . but donít you think it will better to wait for an year and do things better. This only just my view , donít let it discourage you.

By Aditya on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 03:08 pm: Edit

Well, Raj, firstly I am geniune! Secondly, I do understand the fact that all applications treat Permanent Residents and US citizens at par when it comes to aid. My father is the green card holder, not me! though, I did include that in my application, I was not asked nor required to fill out the FAFSA. But I guess, the university would have taken that fact into consideration and given me the 45% aid. Like, I said Stanford does not offer aid to International Students for ED, but the fact that my father is a green card holder may have helped.

By Aditya on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 03:11 pm: Edit

But i did fill out the CSS profile

By greeshmagogirl on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 03:23 am: Edit

well aditya,

i am going to the u.s.for the following reasons:
1]universities have flexible courses unlike in india where it is virtually impossible to do economics and engineering side by side.
2]my entire family except parents are based in the u.s. and australia;so i have a lot of support[call it pressure too]to apply and study abroad.
3]there are not many good schools in india except probably bits,pilani and iit-and i may not get in there;or may not have the choice of courses.
4]the better career opportunities-was the basic allure to go to the u.s;

college stuff aside;how is your isc board preparation going?

By greeshma on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 03:25 am: Edit

well raj;

could you please post your sons stats and mention the universities he has applied to.

By Rohan on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 03:29 am: Edit

Geez,could'nt wait to get home and start answering questions.

By Rohan on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 03:31 am: Edit

greeshma,Remember me, Same guy you're not giving the conversion sheet to.

By Aditya on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 06:17 am: Edit

Well, greeshma, i have basically the same reasons behind my willingess to goto the US. Career opportunities, flexibility of courses, etc.

LOL, how is my ISC board prep coming along?!! Well, couldn't be worse I suppose:). I've been doing only 3 subjects these study hols. Phy,Chem and maths. Recently, maths took a back seat when i realised that we had 5 days for maths and a day only for chem!!! but then i realised if i study chem in the beginning of my study hols(which started on the 3rd of Feb), I would fget half the equations by the time ISC came around. So, I finally started studying Physiscs in all earnest, and to my relief have shown some progress in the subject.

With jes over a week left, I plan to do Chem and a last minute cramming of English I suppose. My biggest worry is the chemistry practicals. Salt analysis. Well, I'm sure since u got a 94.7% in ICSE, u must be aiming for 96% and definitely in a much better position than me. But, do say how is ur prep coming along??

By Raj on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 10:50 am: Edit

Greeshma Ė my sonís stats. M 800, V 690 = 1490 / sat2 phy,mat , wrtg 790/800/720
Good rec / avg EC/Straight A for British GCE ie A levels , exultant to 4 GPA , or 99 percentile. Applied to all Ivies and MIT , Duke , Amherst. Deferred by MIT , Harvard and Yale. Not much hopeful there . Had interviews in Cornell, Dartmouth and Upenn etc last summer. He is US citizen and so is eligible for Aid or we canít afford 40k an year. He can automatically get upto 30k in aid if he is admitted. As of now he has Chicago and BC as safety net. His dream is to get into Yale but hope at least Upenn. Many with far lower Stats and nothing special get in Upenn But as full fee paying forgivers from Dubai itself . As fee paying it is easy to get in there.

By parma on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 11:05 am: Edit

Well I am back after a long hiatus....I know no one is interested but thought the world shud know where this fool of fools plans to apply....(a lot of action seems to have taken place whwn I was away..)

TANTADA...TADADA....TANTADATA.....PRESENTING THE LIST OF SUPER-LUCKY COLLEGES PARMANU PUNDIT HAS APPLIED TO ...(gogirl, u sure do know me!)

BROWN UNIVERSITY
CORNELL
MACALESTER
U OF VIRGINIA
TUFTS
GEORGIA TECH
TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY
NUS
NTU
SMU

AND I AM PRETTY CONFIDENT OF NOT GETTING THRU ANYWHERE!

By bump on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 11:51 pm: Edit

bump

By greeshma on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 02:29 am: Edit

hi parma,

nice to hear from u on the forum.
you seem to be studying hard;hardly visiting the forum....

By greeshma on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 02:33 am: Edit

hi aditya,

my prep.is not going too well.
till last month i was busy with with sat,college admissions and now a kind of lethargy has come over me.

By greeshma on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 02:36 am: Edit

can anyone please answer this conversion:

ethyl alcohol to acetylene.
thought about it; it has been nagging me for quite sometime.

By veena on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 08:06 am: Edit

wel..... im not sure if this is right: (where did u get this from... board paper???)

ethyl alcohol + PCl5 to give ethyl chloride

ethyl cloride + CL2 (substituition) to give ethyl tricloride.

react two molecules of this with 6Ag and ull get acetylene..... im sure there are better ways to do it tho...

By veena on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 08:08 am: Edit

oops no no that wont work... that will give u 2 butene.... umm ok ...hmm... what about this...

convert ethyl alcohol to ethanamide.. then do hoffmans bromamide to get methanamide... then... convert to alcohol with hno2 and then do Pcl5 and then substiute to give choloroform with cl2 and then react with 6Ag to give acetylene....SHEESH this is a bad way.....

By who else on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 09:45 am: Edit

Well,well,well what do we have here,
First of all,neither do we have alcohol in our syllabus,neither do we have alkenes,so it won't come.But if it has been "nagging" you,here's how it's done:
C2H5OH + H2SO4(conc.)->C2H4 (at 170 c)

C2H4 (useBr2/CCl4) 1,2 Dibromo ethane

1,2 Dibromo ethane (use alc. KOH) you get CH2=CHBr

CH2=CHBr(use NaNH2)voila! you get ACETYLENE

All in day's work and don't bother questioning me,its' right.

Someone you'll Know,
Rohan

By greeshma. on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 11:17 pm: Edit

thanks rohan.
did you get it from chugh?
when you are so good at conversions ,why do u need the coversion chart.
it is meant for lesser mortals like me!!

By ROHAN on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 12:00 am: Edit

If this conversion is from that sheet,then you ARE giving it to me tomorrow,no two ways about it.
And even if it isn't, you're still giving it to me.
And i won't take no for an answer.
And this reaction is not taken from Chugh,per se.In a way,yes.Dumb question,actually.
Ethyl alcohol and sulphuric acid do give ethene at 170 c,you know that.
the conversion of ethene to ethyne.I did it in the 11th,that's the only bok I refer to,so obviously....(has to come from somewhere).I can't dream of reagents.

By ROHAN on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 12:05 am: Edit

And if you think by giving the sheet,I'll defeat you in Chemistry,then you're mistaken.I might come close.But definitely not defeat you.Fine.
Stop being so insecure and so SELFISH. Quit being such a dumbass and a moron and give it to me tomorrow.

By greeshma on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 11:38 am: Edit

ask personally if you want something

By Aditya on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 12:40 am: Edit

Any, idea what time our board practicals start? On the time table its given 11 but our teacher said pracs start at 9.

By preetihatesyouall on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 12:54 am: Edit

screw you rich south indians!!!! i'm a california public school punjabi jatt sikh chick who'll beat you out for princeton ANY DAY!
sat: 1580 (800m, 780v)
sat II:
physics:800
writing:800
math IIC:720
gpa: 4.2
ec's: pres, debate; pres, drama; pres/capt, academic decathlon; pres, india abroad; destination imagination; journalism, editor in chief; literary magazine, editor in chief; highest scorer, math team....
plus all my teachers are IN LOVE with me so my recs are amazing.
WOW AND I'M ONLY A JUNIOR!
ha! me chakte fatte!

By Aditya on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 01:56 am: Edit

"screw u rich south indians"- firstly i'm a north indian and i am sure no richer than u, whose presently in California. So that screws your philosophy.

"Beat u for princeton ANY DAY" - U wish. i've seen plenty of ppl like u getting rejected from princeton, u have no hope of getting thru with yr arrogance.

Ha, and i'm already going to Stanford, so i don't think u can beat that! First walk the walk and then talk the talk.

u r one of those prejudiced dumb American desis

By veena on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 03:59 am: Edit

*yawns*
*looks groggy and bored*

*realizes india isnt prospering cuz the only place we act like one country is at the cricket stadium*

By greeshma on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 06:20 am: Edit

rohan,

i'm sorry.but you should be more polite....
and if you really want the chart then you could have told me personally[it costs Rs.2/- only],instead of calling me names on the forum.

By greeshma on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 06:30 am: Edit

to "preetihatesyouall",

dear lady,
i can see that you are prejudiced against south indians.agreed that your scores are good;BUT SUCH
ARROGANCE WILL NOT WORK ON THE FORUM.
secondly ,given the kind of study material and test preps you americans have,1580 is no big deal.

besides,we ,indians[who are definitely not AS rich AS you probably think we are ,have faaaaaaar
less orientation with the sat. so,i think it is quite stupid on your part to make a blatant showoff of your stats.

p.s.:learn to be more humble,it will do you good.

By greeshma on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 06:34 am: Edit

well aditya,
like all other exams,the time is 11:00 a.m.;
i don't think they can start before that.

By rohan on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 10:21 am: Edit

greeshma:---
You know the way I tAlk.
And if you're really so hurt,then I extend my apologies.
And madam,I did ask you about a 100 times and you were the one who was playing hard to get.
Quite frankly,"moron" and "dumbass"(compared to the kind of words I use) don't really classify as names, so much so that you should take offence and actually post a message for me.
The money bit was never in the picture,it was convincing you that took all the trouble.
Come to think of it,my message did have some kind of an impact(did'nt it?).Thanks a lot,anyway
I'll see you tomorrow.

By Aditya on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 10:42 am: Edit

Well, its confirmed, my chem prac exam starts at 8:30 and ends at 11:30! So, i guess i would be finished with my exam as soon as your exams start. and no, i don't think i'll be able to page or SMS any of u the salts:).....

By preeti is crazy on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 10:43 am: Edit

preeti whateva,
From what I've read about,your posting your stats just shows your insecurity,so I suggest you should pay a visit to the psychiatrist(sic).
What's money got to do with it.Even If I were richer than you or vice-versa,What difference is it going to make to anybody's life.
And just so you should know,I think you've got this bias against south Indians in general,because maybe you realize that south Indians are much much more intelligent than people from up north,who are more renowned for brawn than brain.
And the way you write sure makes you sound like one aggressive punjabi lady.
Yeah,one more thing,about the teahers being in love with you,how much time does it take to asslick?

By Aditya on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 10:47 am: Edit

I beg to differ with u on the fact that south indians are more intelligent than north indians. I think both are equally intelligent. For god's sake, y this cultural divide?

By veena on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 12:07 pm: Edit

aditya- pretty please with sugar on top???

By Rohan on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 12:41 pm: Edit

11:30 is alittle too late anyway.Our exam here starts at 11:00 and I really don't see myself taking out my mobile phone during the exam.
So,it's quite all right.
Best of luck,though.

By Aditya on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 04:20 pm: Edit

I'm sorry veena, but leaking out the salts would be against my moral principles and integrity. How can I deprive u of a fruitful and honest Chemistry practical exam? I think that would be an evil thing to do on my part.

THE BOTTOM LINE IS IF I GO DOWN, EVERYONE GOES DOWN WITH ME, CUZ I'M GONNA SINK JES LIKE THE TITANIC.........

By loren on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 04:24 pm: Edit

whats ICSE

By veena on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 11:57 pm: Edit

nonsense aditya..cmon... i dont look THAT DUMB do i?
ICSE=indian board of education, something like IB/Senior Cambridge

By preeti on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 12:11 am: Edit

<deleted>

By Rohan on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 01:58 am: Edit

dude, whoever gave you idea that Indians buy degrees,medals and all the other crap.
And when you don't know a person's background,it would be fair on my part to say that you are not entitled to comment.
Can you say for sure that I'm applying only to universities abroad.
No sir,you can't.I have my options wide open and I might go to a University in India itself,so that point of view can go out of the window.
Good to know you've got a theatre background.
Same here.
I think you should learn to mellow down a bit.
As for teachers loving you,well you are not the only on whose LOVED,I too can proclaim the fact that all my teachers ADORE me,so much so that they recommendations they wrote for me were simply mindblowing.
Well,I'll sign of with one more thing,even though i live in Hyderabad,my roots are up north.
I'll tell you something,you really shouldn't be jumping to conclusions about all these wonderful people here.
Take greeshma for instance,I know her for quite sometime now,and he would never ever use underhanded means to achieve what she has.This is only an example.
So please weigh your words before you form any kind of opinion about anybody.

Well,that's that.

By rohan on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 02:00 am: Edit

Typo error: Take greeshma for instance,I know her for quite sometime now,and she....

By veena on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 02:28 am: Edit

no point wasting time on such people people all of you. Ignore her. Shes dumb. Leave it. Thannalum theriyadhu sonnalum puriyadhu.

By greeshma on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 08:10 am: Edit

i agree veena.
"ammayiki koncham pichhi undi."
she is mad.

By greeshma on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 08:26 am: Edit

thanx,rohan.

By veena on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 08:29 am: Edit

lol

By Aditya on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 10:04 am: Edit

Translation??!!!

By greeshma on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 10:38 am: Edit

"the girl is a little crazy."

By Rohan on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 10:56 am: Edit

Is that telugu or tamil?

By Aditya on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 11:25 am: Edit

thank u for the translation, i suppose your tamilian also greeshma.....i guess we hindi speaking ppl are slowly becoming a minority

By veena on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 12:32 pm: Edit

LOL
no thatz not tamil. that was telugu. how did u understand what i said tho? that was tamil..... it meant "neither does she kno herself nor will she understand when someone tells her". Its a sorta saying.

By greeshma on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 11:31 pm: Edit

i don't know tamil;but i did understand the intent!!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page