MIT 780 IC/750 Physics. Loads EC [which to choose?]

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: MIT 780 IC/750 Physics. Loads EC [which to choose?]
By Jszab (Jszab) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 01:57 pm: Edit

http://www.collegeconfidential.com/cgi-bin/discus/show.cgi?757/35442

Please scan it only, it will be better to start form the end, so You will know, why this post is so long...

By Pole_From_Swede (Pole_From_Swede) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 04:51 pm: Edit

Hi there,
I am also a pole:D with a name Piotr, living in sweden though. Well you know that you have to take SAT1 and 2. What I can tell you is that as far as your EC's are concerned you have a really good shot. Your GPA is not marvellous, however I am perfectly familiar with polish school system(have finished gimnazjum (grades 7-9) there) and know how hard it is to get high GPA. Even though 4.15 is not great and I think it is what counts mostly. They will find you will shaped science student but 3.0 from the rest honestly sux. What I can tell you is to get good SAT's (I am no expert here but think 1400 from SAT1 will do) retake SAT2 (750 would do) and label ALL of your EC's. They are just great. If you have any more questions my gg:3090615. I am 17 also:D

Good luck and never hesitate to ask for anything.

Pole_From_Sweden

By Pole_From_Swede (Pole_From_Swede) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 05:07 pm: Edit

Have just re-read your post.

You know. Your EC's are just great. I really love them. You seem like a really devoted scientist. I do not know much but MIT is a one that would fit you mostly. It is just perfect place for research. The only problem are SAT's. I am in the same situation...will take them this year 5th june. Do not think I will perform very good, mostly because I am not good at verbal part. I am quite sure that you expirience the same thing. Problems with vocabulary and stuff. Buy yourself a good book and just learn. That s what I am doing right now. With some luck mayby we will join Saacharine next year:D

Keep a good work

pole_from_sweden

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page