How much does SATII matter in state schools?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: How much does SATII matter in state schools?
By Cru (Cru) on Friday, February 07, 2003 - 10:10 pm: Edit

How much do they matter in schools like Michigan, UIUC, or Georgiatech... I was just curious...

By sid mathur on Friday, February 07, 2003 - 10:22 pm: Edit

well it depends on your SAT I score and stats. If you have borderline SAT I scores and good stats or good SAT I score and ok stats then definitely take it especially for Michigan.

As far as Georgia tech goes...do u really want to go there? Let me show u a website that might change your decision about applying there:

http://www.geocities.com/gtsux2003/

By bump on Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 10:01 pm: Edit

bump

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 10:06 pm: Edit

Well in UC schools, Sat II's matter more than SAT I, Grades, and EC's. For UC schools the order of importance is:

1. SAT II
2. Grades/GPA
3. SAT I
4. EC's

By Drusba (Drusba) on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 04:27 pm: Edit

As to UIUC, I recently went through the tour and they talked about admission: Most important is class rank (not GPA unless your school does not rank) and ACT (or SAT I) score, then college prep classes and grades and degree of difficulty for them, and then personal statement/essay. SAT II's are not required but can be submitted but no assurance they will be considered. Likewise for letters of recommendation.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page