Please read

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: Please read
By AskingAboutNYU on Friday, February 07, 2003 - 06:22 pm: Edit

Hello, my family came to America when I'm 7 and now I'm 15.

Do you think college would give me a little cridet because My family is poor and my parents supported both my older sister and brother to college and they brought them each a car and we have a little house (they worked day and night in factory)

I didn't not find love for school untill this year and I am studying very hard. My 9th grade GPA is 2.5 so even if I get 4.0 this year and 11th, its is still 3.3 uw and 3.6 weighted.

I showed my love for school,learning and bussiness by going to summer school, fall courses at local college and I pay for it with my own money form part time job.

Do you think college would realize that? I'm aiming for Notre Dame (brother goes there), NYU, Cornell and Rutgurs for back up.

OH yea, i'm in clubs, play2 varsity sport, aiming for 1450 on my SAT and aiming for 750 on my SAT 2 and 4 or 5 on my AP us history,econ, and lit.

Do you think the college would pick up on that?

By voiceofreason on Friday, February 07, 2003 - 06:28 pm: Edit

Honestly I doubt any of those schools would except you

By Rachael on Friday, February 07, 2003 - 06:36 pm: Edit

nyu might accept you

By AskingAboutNYU on Friday, February 07, 2003 - 06:54 pm: Edit

hm...so even if I have 4.0 on the and I'm taking the hardest classes in 11th, I still wont' have a chance?
and 1450 1500 SAT?

I mean, they would know that only my freshman year is messed up, I made a extream leap in 10ths grade, 4.0 and sports with clubs and classes at local college?

By Rachael on Friday, February 07, 2003 - 07:06 pm: Edit

nyu might accept you

By s on Friday, February 07, 2003 - 07:07 pm: Edit

how about Notre Dame? whats the chances for NYU?

By d on Friday, February 07, 2003 - 07:21 pm: Edit

Mybe college would look less on freshman year and really see the improvement in 10ths and 11ths year.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page