I need help transfering to an Ivy League school.

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: I need help transfering to an Ivy League school.
By Matlm (Matlm) on Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 03:09 pm: Edit

I will be attending UMBC next fall. However, I am pretty sure that I want to Study Tibetan Language and Culture. The only schools offering this subject on the east coast, where I want to stay, are Harvard, Columbia, U Penn, and UVA. I am really serious about studying Tibetan. I guess that these are the only schools that can offer it because of their large bank accounts.

Here are my stats.

Failed 9th and 10th grade due to severe deppression. (I am getting all D's changed to P's, as P's don't count to your GPA.

4.0 11th grade at a school that offered No AP or honors.

4.0 12th grade at a highly academic school with no honors. (all classes at this school are extremely difficult). I specially requested and Received AP Calc BC.

1580 SAT.
800 SAT II writing
Math IIC pending
Physics pending.

Major EC's.

does anyone have any real advice on what to do? I really don't want to leave the east coast.

By Matlm (Matlm) on Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 08:30 pm: Edit

bump

By Yodisistim (Yodisistim) on Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 09:03 pm: Edit

Apply to all of them during your sophomore year as a junior transfer. They DO look at HS transcripts but you will have 2 years of college work to present. Too bad none of the Ivies have my major for undergrad. Columbia is the only school that offers journalism for grad school...Hopefully I'll end up there.

By Matlm (Matlm) on Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 09:10 pm: Edit

Allright. SO basically because of my Lackluster first two years, my best bet is for a jr transfer. Would it be worth even trying for a sophomore? I heard that the longer I wait to transfer, the less my SAT scores and SAT II scores will count. But then again, It's pretty safe to assume that almost everyone who is accepted to any ivy league school has a jr allready has those scores anyways.

By Bluebaron1616 (Bluebaron1616) on Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 10:27 pm: Edit

u are studying a relatively uncompetitive field

So u should excel due to your intelligence shown in ur scores.

good lucK! I always wanted to learn tibetan, to me it sounds so much like Chinese but I can't understand it.

By Matlm (Matlm) on Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 10:47 pm: Edit

Yeah, I figured that would play into. There isn't really much compatition in the Sanskirit and Indian studies Major.

By Matlm (Matlm) on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 11:09 pm: Edit

bump.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page