Am i screwed?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: Am i screwed?
By s on Thursday, February 06, 2003 - 09:57 pm: Edit

am i screwed? my 9th grade GPA is 2.4 and my 10 is 4.0 and my 11th is 4.0 and my unweight grade is only 3.3 somthing. I'm screwed and its not fair.

By Rachael on Thursday, February 06, 2003 - 10:13 pm: Edit

im in the same exact boat your in. while i know that it will limit my possibilities to the ivies, i am confident that through hard work i can bring my gpa up a bit....you did well in doing that. now, well i dont suggest that you should apply to places like the ivies, you may still have a great chance at other schools. so do some searching and find some schools that arent so competitive, hard to get into, etc. while you may not get into a top school, you may still find a great school that is good-both acedemically and that suits your needs well

so, no, i dont think that you are screwed. remember-colleges like the fact that you have an upward trend.

well, i hope ive helped. sorry if this doesnt make much sense- im tired

By Calquest on Thursday, February 06, 2003 - 11:40 pm: Edit

s, I agree that colleges appear to like an upward trend. If you keep your grades up and if your EC's are likewise increasing (I mean in depth, not volume necessarily), you can present yourself in a very appealing package. I wouldn't rule out the Ivy's (if that's were you want to go). It certainly doesn't hurt to apply and with your upward trend you might be very, very interesting to them. Best of luck!

By Dori on Friday, February 07, 2003 - 02:18 am: Edit

a lot of colleges only put your 10th and 11th grade courses into your GPA (think: UCs)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page