Way to get back at teacher, help??

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: Way to get back at teacher, help??
By Wunderkind__Not (Wunderkind__Not) on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 09:47 pm: Edit

okay, I was warned that on the vocabulary quiz I am about to receive tomorrow in APUSH, there will be an extra credit question that reads (something along these lines): State reason why you didn't use a dictionary when doing your history. In other words, what can you say to throw yourself at the mercy of me for not following previous instructions?

I know all the vocabulary and I DO use a dictionary when reading.

I would like to write a sweet retort for the bonus but unfortunately, I cannot think of one...

help?????????

Thanks

By Northstarmom (Northstarmom) on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 10:51 pm: Edit

I suggest that you let your good performance speak for itself and get a 100% on the test without bothering with the extra credit.

What you're contemplating doing just seems very childish.

By Wunderkind__Not (Wunderkind__Not) on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 11:00 pm: Edit

uh, no--you are wrong

why does a little fun = childish? It is just a joke...GEEZ

By Binx (Binx) on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 05:40 am: Edit

cannt uze dikshonary cuz i cannt spel

or

I did follow directions -- isn't that worth extra?

I know I'm too late. I was a teacher, and I enjoy a bit of humor from kids who use it *in addition* to good work, rather than a distraction from bad.

By Pattykk (Pattykk) on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 10:44 am: Edit

Binx: Ha Ha. Didn't you hate it when your students said, "But, Miss, how can I look it up in the dictionary if I don't know how to spell it?" You must have been a well-loved teacher!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page