Once again....

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: Once again....
By Laceycheer (Laceycheer) on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 07:58 pm: Edit

Chances for a guy- alot of the scores stuff is speculation, but please just go by what I say... i think my guesses will prove to be pretty accurate.

SATs- 1350-1400 ish... probabably can get a 800M/600V based on his PSAT scores...
SATIIs- Id say 700-750 Math IIC, 600 Writing, and 650-700 Bio-M
GPA- 3.7-8 weighted, 3.1 or so UW
Full IB program Diploma
Varsity Wrestling
1 year Football
BETA
KEY officer- 2years
tons of com. service hours
Chess club (I think)
Computer-programming team (lol I tease him about this)

School- Carnegie Mellon, school of computer science.

What do you think??? No URM status.

By Thermodude (Thermodude) on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 01:19 am: Edit

I think he may have a chance of getting into Carnegie Mellon....then again...most college admissions is pretty subjective...usually, there's no set formula which is used to admit students.

By Laceycheer (Laceycheer) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 10:36 pm: Edit

BUMP

By Jamimom (Jamimom) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 11:11 pm: Edit

Laceycheer, CMU's SCS is one of the best in the country if not the best. It would be tough for your friend to get in with his stats. If you look at CMU's website and at the breakdown of schools and stats, you can see what I mean. Unless the fellow has been doing something tremendous with programming that he can show the school.

However, you are not limited to one school when applying to CMU. Your friend would be a good candidate for MCS, HS&S or the Industrial Relations (business) school. He can apply to all four of those schools at CMU and see where he gets in.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page