Transfer to Wash U chances?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: Transfer to Wash U chances?
By Kluella (Kluella) on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 01:51 pm: Edit

Hi everyone, I am a freshwoman at Bryn Mawr College, wondering if anyone out there has applied to transfer to WashU? I'm a little freaked out to see the great scores/gpa's of those on the waitlist, though. Here are my stats...tell me what you think.

I'm a white female from Columbia,Missouri (about an hour and 45 mins from WashU) planning an American Culture Studies major

High school data:
SAT:1310 (690v, 620m) (only took it once,ACT is bigger in midwest)
SAT II: 740 WRITING, 730 LIT, 710 US HIST
ACT: 31 (27M,36R,33E,27S)
AP: 4 US, 4 US GOV, 4 COMP GOV, 5 EURO, 5 LANG
GPA: 3.79 UW
EC'S:Acting in at least 3 plays per year, directing a one-act jr. year and the lead in "The Man Who Came to Dinner", directed "To Kill a Mockingbird" sr. yr., in addition to mentoring younger one-act directors

Also involved in local community theater during summer (at least one show per summer for the past 4 years), was given scholarship for my commitment to community theater

Pit orchestra for two musicals

Performed in one of the top hs string orchestras in the state(I play the viola,and have been for 9 years)

Teaching assistant for middle school orchestra program

College:
GPA: 3.3, and Bryn Mawr is known for a lack of grade inflation

Member of symphony orchestra

And that's about it for college: because of severe physical/mental trauma early in the fall, I have found myself only able to focus on schoolwork. I explained this event in my essay, as well as my reasons for transferring (wanting to be close to home and my family, which is a vital thing to me, but not wanting to settle for a state school)

Also applying to Knox and Grinnell.

So what do you think?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page