Ap bio worried...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: Ap bio worried...
By ahhhh on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 04:08 pm: Edit

at my school there are 2 teachers of ap biology ... a good one, and a bad one. I got unlikely and i have the bad one. She's soooo dumb she doesn't know what she's talking about.

At this point in Campbell's Biology 4th edition we have covered:

1-18, 42, 46-47...and at the rate we're going i'm worried we aren't going to finish...What do you think I should do? Do you think anatomy and ecology are easy to self-study on? Not to mention we have only done 3 labs...

By wolfsterx on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 05:06 pm: Edit

Hello, I'm new here; just stopped by...

Oh man, we're using Campell's Biology 4th ed. book as well in our AP bio class. We did chapters 46-47 as well, but in addition to 1-40 (minus a few others). We did like 18 labs so far though.

I totally know what you mean about the teacher thing. My teacher does not know how to teach at all. The only thing he talks about how much fun he had while in the Bahamas. We watched The Lion King to learn about Ecology.
Chapters 19-about 33 can be learned by means of study guides. 36-39 are pretty easy reads. Good luck.

By Adam G. on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 05:36 pm: Edit

Don't worry about it. If you know what you just covered you will do fine. In my class we just did 1-17 and did random things for ecology. I got a 5.

By Sar (Sar) on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 05:53 pm: Edit

We did no labs until AFTER the test because school in NY and I think CA (not sure) starts a month later than other schools do. As the test date approached we spent a single week on everything else that was not molecular biology. I also got a 5. I used Barron's to practice.

This is why many colleges now do NOT accept a 5 on the ap bio test as a replacement for biology courses. Anyway, just study hard, practice a lot with test simulations, and relax during the test, remember whatever you can for the essays and write it ALL down. Teacher told us we get extra credit for providing extra info that might not have been asked for in the questions.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page