Top High Schools

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: Top High Schools
By asdf on Tuesday, February 04, 2003 - 11:57 pm: Edit

Please name some of the best and most prestigious high schools in America, both public and private.

By genOcide on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 01:27 am: Edit

choose the school who won their Academic Decathlon competition. We showed YOU!!!!!!!!
-oh...my school!!! in cali.

By Ares15 (Ares15) on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 03:41 am: Edit

1. Exeter
2. Andover

By lol on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 01:03 pm: Edit

if you want to get into harvard, yale or princeton:

http://www.polytechnic.org/thepawprint/hyplist.htm

you dont need to finish valedictorian at these schools, more likely, you just need to GRADUATE and you're almost a lock at a top school.

and yes, exeter and andover make the list.

By Acumen on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 01:10 pm: Edit

wow they don't even have Stuyvesant(sp?). Choat is good as well.

By lol on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 02:14 pm: Edit

stuyvesant is a good school but not great. although if you graduate #1 from stuy, you can go anywhere...what if you finish #700? could you get into stanford?

collegiate actually sent a kid who finished dead-last to stanford one banner year. also, 35% of the graduating class to HYPSM is pretty damn good.

By Richie Rich on Saturday, February 08, 2003 - 06:29 pm: Edit

An enormous reason that kids with bad grades go to amazing schools after graduating from those top high schools is NOT because of the reputation of the high school but because of how BUTT-LOADED the kids are who go to them. Get it? Have money, get in.

By Hunter1985 (Hunter1985) on Saturday, February 08, 2003 - 08:04 pm: Edit

Went to the Exeter site- now, I know it's a great school, but- THEY HAVE VIDEOS PROMOTING HOW GREAT THEIR TABLES ARE!! What is up with that? I have a round table in my kitchen, I eat at it, could I also start a prestigious HS from it? Nobody cares about what kind of tables you have, OK!

By mo on Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 01:36 am: Edit

i go to glenbrooks north in chicago, is that considered prestigious?

By to mo on Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 02:46 am: Edit

No, mo, but New Trier is.

By dsff on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 01:21 am: Edit

SAT I: 1570

SAT IIs: 800/800/800/780 IIc, chem ,writing, bio

GPA: 4.2/4.330

By Stuystu2003 (Stuystu2003) on Tuesday, April 01, 2003 - 01:10 am: Edit

nah kiddies stuyvesant sends more kids to harvard, yale, princeton than that silly top 20 list with the exception of Andover and Exeter who send more kids to hyp. the difference is because stuyvesant is a public school with 3000 students, the PERCENTAGE of students who go to hyp ends up being a lousy 4% or so compared to andover's 30% or whatever it is. but 4% of stuy's graudating class is 30 kids--a greater number than the entire graduating class at some of the listed private schools. also, stuy kids are poor and have to work to get into their ivy league schools, in stark contrast to those attending andover, exeter, or the NYC private schools (there are a few exceptions I realize).

By Exonian04 (Exonian04) on Monday, June 09, 2003 - 12:19 pm: Edit

"Went to the Exeter site- now, I know it's a great school, but- THEY HAVE VIDEOS PROMOTING HOW GREAT THEIR TABLES ARE!! What is up with that? I have a round table in my kitchen, I eat at it, could I also start a prestigious HS from it? Nobody cares about what kind of tables you have, OK!"

uh...i care. you would too if you went to Exeter.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page