Ok guys please tell me if I can make it

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: Ok guys please tell me if I can make it
By YOMOMMY on Sunday, February 02, 2003 - 04:55 pm: Edit

Ok my fresh man year I have 2.5 GPA...I know I know

This year, I have 3.7 GPA

My next year I had signed up for the hardest clases there is to take. All honors and AP that offers to a 11ths grader.

If I have 4.0's for both senior and 11ths grade (all the hardest classes taken) and get 1500 on my SAT and 750 on all my SAT 2

could i make it to Cornell?

Also, I played football in freshman, and tennis varsity this year and I will play tennis and soccer varsity for 11ths and 12ths.

Also I'm the first 11th grader president of Community Service club. (they picked me already) And i'm the funder and president of Stock and Econ.

If I am president of thous 2 clubs and also president of School newspaper and FBLA (4 leader ship in all)

Do you think I can make it to Cornell?

Yes last year i messed up but I can make it...i think.

By cornell 07 on Sunday, February 02, 2003 - 05:01 pm: Edit

Yeah you're lucky you still have a chance, you can mend things still. I got into Cornell ED on December with only 3.66 overall GPA, but a big upward trend in grades and activities. I don't think they put a huge emphasis on Freshman year.

By mike on Sunday, February 02, 2003 - 05:04 pm: Edit

You will not get a 1500 and you will not get a 4.0 in honors and AP classes . They are too high goals to achieve, im sorry. Shoot for a .5 cumulative and a 1300 cuz those seem to be the max scores that you can achieve. If you dont believe me take a practice 10 real SAT test and subtract 50 pts from whatever score you get b/c that will be the score you will probably get on the sAT. Trust me its very hard.

By mike on Sunday, February 02, 2003 - 05:05 pm: Edit

3.5 cumulative gpa i meant... i was typing fast.

By YoMOMMY on Sunday, February 02, 2003 - 05:09 pm: Edit

Thanks alot for your help. Yea, I'm going to start working really hard, I think I could make it, is only 1 AP class next year (like i said, its all they offer to 11ths graders) and the rest are honor. Oh yea, I'm taking fall class in a local college and summer class as well. I will keep taking class next year as well. It will help me catch up and go beyound most people in my little school.

Also, I want to take 3 AP test, But i'm only taking 1 Ap class, where do I go to take thous other 2 ap test?

By anonymous on Sunday, February 02, 2003 - 07:07 pm: Edit

I'd recommend taking a prep course for the SAT. Kaplan and Princeton Review are starting courses for the May exam this month, it's not too late.

By hhj on Sunday, February 02, 2003 - 07:13 pm: Edit

Thanks alot, it means alot to me really to know that its not to late. I will take SAT courses over the summer along with my Accounting class at my local community college.

Thanks all.

By your local mayor on Sunday, February 02, 2003 - 07:44 pm: Edit

yah, keep working hard.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page