I'm a good person, that's gotta count -- Pt. 2

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: April 2004 Archive: I'm a good person, that's gotta count -- Pt. 2
By Doveofpeace (Doveofpeace) on Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 11:27 am: Edit

Enjoy.

By Thedad (Thedad) on Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 11:34 am: Edit

I agree with Carolyn. The sense of entitlement that some people have, the sense that the world owes them something special, is something that rankles.

By Weener (Weener) on Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 12:57 pm: Edit

thanks for all the support carolyn, ohio mom, and the dad!

Bostonianchick- no, i think we still have a chance of getting in. where are you from? i'm assuming i havn't recieved a decision yet because i live in california.

By Bostonianchick (Bostonianchick) on Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 11:18 pm: Edit

hey weener, i live in DC...is american your number one choice? i STILL haven't heard! if you want you can e-mail me, the address is in my profile thing

By Weener (Weener) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 09:47 pm: Edit

rejected from bu and wait listed at emerson. egh. it's okay.

By Ohio_Mom (Ohio_Mom) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 10:37 am: Edit

Sorry about the wait list at Emerson - that must be annoying. USNWR lists that they admitted 13 out of 305 waitlisted applicants last year, so while it is a long shot, it is something you could consider. I guess being wait listed is just part of the delightful process of college applications! One of our younger programmers is still mad that CMU waitlisted him, and that was six years ago.

By Weener (Weener) on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 03:31 am: Edit

new news! rejected from davis and bucknell. but now it's time for the schools that i actually i want to get into. skidmore, fordham, american, bard. not counting on bard though. but really crossingm y fingers on the other three.

By Ohio_Mom (Ohio_Mom) on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 09:57 am: Edit

Good luck, Weener!

By Thedad (Thedad) on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 02:20 pm: Edit

Skidmore packet arrived here on Monday...it should be showing up soon.

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 02:31 pm: Edit

Weener,
Good luck! I'm thinking about you today and hoping you get happy news...but you already have some terrific choices so don't sweat the results too much...but do let us know what happens.
Good luck again.

By Cfml (Cfml) on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 05:56 pm: Edit

have you (or anyone) heard from bard yet? its driving me crazy (the last of ten schools I have to hear from, and I'm three, three, and three...)

good luck

By Weener (Weener) on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 09:59 pm: Edit

hey everyone. no skidmore or american for me. oh well. i kind of feel bad that i didn't get in. meh.

By Ohio_Mom (Ohio_Mom) on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 10:27 am: Edit

Oh, darn. Well, I'm glad that you have a variety of options to choose from. Are use still leaning toward Goucher? Or is Lake Forest more appealing. Have you visited everywhere?

By Weener (Weener) on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 01:56 am: Edit

i'm leaning more towards goucher and i plan to visit next week. does anyone know anything about goucher?

By Bxian (Bxian) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 04:28 pm: Edit

weener-there is a recent thread somewhere (parent boad I think) where a parent posted a Goucher trip report. if you search Goucher in the parent forum you may find it.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page