Freshman planning ahead, please help

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: Freshman planning ahead, please help
By freshmanplzhelp on Saturday, February 01, 2003 - 07:59 pm: Edit

im a freshamn and im quite confident that i'll be able to keep up a 4.0 and have high SAT scores. what im worried about is doing something spectacular so that universities will want me. do you have any EC recommendations?

By Fender1 (Fender1) on Saturday, February 01, 2003 - 11:17 pm: Edit

cure cancer and/or AIDS and/or common cold and/or stupidity
learn to evolve into pure energy
perfect time travel
communicate with intelligent alien life
construct a cold fusion power plant out of recyclable materials.

Hope this helps!

By Useatoothbrush (Useatoothbrush) on Sunday, February 02, 2003 - 04:09 am: Edit

You always think you can keep up a 4.0, but then junior year hits, and you just stop caring...

NEVER EVER count on a 4.0. I have known so many people who thought they were hot •••• because they had a 4.0 first semester freshman year and by now most of them have to take easier classes or cheat like whores to keep that, or they just settle for lower averages and have lives and are happy anyway. Don't commit yourself to getting a perfect GPA because when you can't live up to it, it hurts more. Just focus on getting good, not perfect, grades.

For ECs, go do something weird or just join the math team. Math club rocks!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page