Chances of acceptance to MIT? (currently a sophomore)

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: Chances of acceptance to MIT? (currently a sophomore)
By Manchesterfrank (Manchesterfrank) on Saturday, February 01, 2003 - 12:59 am: Edit

Hello all-
Currently, I have a 4.0 uw GPA, approximately 4.45 with the weight.

Thus far on standardized tests, I've recieved a 1520 (800 math, 720 verbal) on SATs (last year), and a 236 on the PSATs (no merit though, seeing as I'm not currently a Junior). As for SATIIs, I've an 800 on Biology (M), 790 on World History, and 800 on Chemistry.

The classes I'm currently enrolled in are Calc BC, US History, Physics, and Bio (APs), and English, Italian 4 and Latin 3 (Honors).

The only AP exam I've taken so far is Bio, on which I scored a 4.

I hold offices in the Chemistry Club (vp), Physics Club (sec), History Club(pres), Math Team (co-captain), Yearbook Staff (editor -in-chief), and Political Science Club(sgt at arms). I'm also an active member in the Science, Italian, Math, History, and Latin honor societies, as well as an ex-member in the Spanish Honor Society.

On a greater scale, I'm my chapter of the JSA's Vice Mayor, I've placed first in the regional science olympiad a few times in several events, and have placed high in my region for the math league (#2).

So, what would all of you say my chances are?

By your local mayor on Saturday, February 01, 2003 - 01:03 am: Edit

dude, have you thought about enrolling into college early? keep it up, work hard. MIT, good school, hope ya have fun there, but KEEP WORKING HARD.

By Manchesterfrank (Manchesterfrank) on Saturday, February 01, 2003 - 01:16 am: Edit

All right, thanks for the advice...

I should say though, that I made an error in my original post: If you'll look at the portion where I go about stating my current enrollment, I said 'Bio'. I really meant Chem (yeah, it would be rather simple taking bio again, but that's behind me).

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page