THE WHITE MIND ON AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PART 3

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: THE WHITE MIND ON AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PART 3
By mo on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 10:29 am: Edit

"President Bush announced Wednesday that his administration would challenge an affirmative action program at the University of Michigan, calling it fundamentally flawed. It's nice to know that while juggling Iraq, North Korea and economic reform, the president still has time to stick it to the black man." -Tina Fey, Saturday Night Live's "Weekend Update"

please continute the forum here :D

By LOL on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 12:06 pm: Edit

"And what was your definition of "merit?"

Gee I dunno, test scores and grades? LOL you don't even know what academic merit is so really how do you expect anyone to take you seriously? Sorry skin color is not merit.

"Would you like to see MIT 40% asian and 50% white and 10% other?"

I wouldn't mind, in fact I currently attend a school with those kinda numbers (This school does not use AA and I praise them for that.) It sure the hell would not bother me at all.

"Do you think that would EVER happen in society TODAY?"

Yes if MIT suddenly ditched AA.

"Some of you white boys would cry racism the minute such stats are posted."

It is racism you idiot. Only difference being reverse.

By LOL on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 12:14 pm: Edit

"I am stating that admission officers should accept QUALIFIED STUDENTS"

I agree and you can also add regardless of any difference of skin color.

"who can do the work that is also a DIVERSE student population."

Does diversity equal meritocracy?

"A school that is 88% white is obviously not diverse. "

And how exactly do you know this? Are you saying that all 88% of these white kids are going to be the same? That they are all going to act/talk/dress the same? Please quit feeding us BS already. It may not be diverse racially but who the hell cares? The spot belongs to the most deserving candidate based on his/her credentials and skin color is NOT a credential regardless of whatever myth your family decided to drill into your empty head.

By LOL Owns TenisGHS on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 12:30 pm: Edit

"And have you ever thought some of these people want to be in an enriching, diverse enviroment? "

And have you ever thought that these people could be idiots like yourself? SO in other words you're saying that these people would rather have others judge them based on skin color rather than merit? Okay according to that logic, they won't have any problems with others calling them the N word cause you know they do want to be judged by their skin color afterall.

"And exactly how is it sacrificing students?"

Hey moron, read his argument more clearly. He wasn't talking about sacrificing students, he was talking about sacrificing MERIT which is exactly what you are doing when you use skin color as a criteria to evaluate someone. You don't know the difference between the two? Are you really that dumb? Seriously this is not even funny anymore. I'm really concerned that people like you are included in our gene pool.

"Can you give me stats where the incoming students are SIMPLY failing first-year because they weren't accepted "right?"

And can you tell us what this has to with his argument? Oh that's right nothing, you just enjoy making stuff up.

"do you even THINK MIT would have a school that is 50% white, 40% asian, and 10% other? "

Should it matter what ethnicities make up the majority of their school? Should skin color even be a factor period? I say to hell with diversity. The spot goes to the best man, and if happens to be more one skin color than another then so be it.

By SCREW RACIAL DIVERSITY on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 12:32 pm: Edit

Go LOL,

Damn right, I agree 100%. •••• racial diversity, I couldn't give a crap about someone's skin color. My concern is not the color of a skin but one's academic abilities.

By ADSFDSAF on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 01:14 pm: Edit

Anyone notice the arguments for diversity are like the arguments for segregation back in the 1960s?

1. It's good for all of us.
2. It produces racial harmony.
3. People will riot (tensighs: "political and social groups will obviously revolt and boycott the schools for such low numbers.")

Tensighs would do well in the 1960's south and the 1930's German era. HAIL VICTORY! HAIL TENSIGHS!

By lol on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 01:32 pm: Edit

i've said it before and i'll say it again...tenisghs is BLACK HITLER.

By meryl on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 02:12 pm: Edit

more aa to discuss! YAY!

By agentd on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 07:06 pm: Edit

Stupid things tenisghs has said:

- Said a comment was "white" yet bitches about racism
- Claims racism means you have to have power

Please add

By meryl on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 07:10 pm: Edit

>>>>Short cut to list: Look over everything in this forum w/her name on top of it, as well as any other forum she has participated in.

By . on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 07:12 pm: Edit

Let's change the topic of this thread to "Tenisghs (Part 2)"

By cookie on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 07:13 pm: Edit

you guys are so dumb, i know the truth hurts, but you have to make up a post about her. she's just stating the truth.

By asdfasd on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 07:15 pm: Edit

Yes, the truth is that blacks are aliens! AIIEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By marc on Saturday, February 01, 2003 - 12:07 am: Edit

please let's not post on the 500 + part 2 forum...let's stay on part 3

By meryl on Saturday, February 01, 2003 - 12:09 am: Edit

By lol on Saturday, February 01, 2003 - 12:44 am: Edit

lol

By tenisghs on Saturday, February 01, 2003 - 02:04 am: Edit

Here are my reasons why I can't "post":

1. Someone is impersonating me which makes it really hard for people to truly understand who is the "fake" and who is the "real" tenisghs.
2. Because this impersonator rather hide his identity, steal my name, and act out selfishly and foolishly generalizations and stereotypes, I have a conclusion that I won't post anymore until the impersonator reveals himself.
3. This impersonator does not sound ANYTHING like me, which hurts because people think I said this or that post, and I have no idea what the hell they're referring to.
4. There is a lot of racial bigotry on this board. When the Supreme Court rules that Michigan's admission policy is CONSTITUTIONAL, I will laugh "from "sea to shining sea" how such stupidity this board has displayed.
5. Sorry, cookie, because there is an impersonator on this board, I cannot post anymore. It really takes the "fun" out of everything. If these people want to be COWARDS, so they will be. I will not reduce myself to their levels. It's only their faults.

Good-Bye!!

By sauce on Saturday, February 01, 2003 - 02:10 am: Edit

FINALLY SHE SHUTS UP!!!

ENJOY THE SAUCE!!!

By meryl on Saturday, February 01, 2003 - 02:14 am: Edit

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE *SAUCE* F*KING RULES!!

By sauce on Saturday, February 01, 2003 - 02:20 am: Edit

I wonder why we never thought of impersonating her before...

May the impersonator never reveal himself!

Enjoy the *sauce*!

By Tim (Tim) on Saturday, February 01, 2003 - 02:35 am: Edit

You know someone impersonated me once or just happened to use the name tim but I found a wonderful way around it!

Tim

By sauce on Saturday, February 01, 2003 - 02:38 am: Edit

Quiet Tim! Don't give her any ideas!

By asdfsdfa on Saturday, February 01, 2003 - 02:49 pm: Edit

Yes, tenisghs, you are inherently stupider then the rest of us because of your skin color. That is why you need free points based on your skin color.

I hope the Supreme Court will rule in favor of AA as well...because blacks just can't compete with the rest of us.

By Trent Lott on Saturday, February 01, 2003 - 03:46 pm: Edit

All right, I admit it, I impersonated tenisGHS.

I'm sorry.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page