TUFTS?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2003 Archive: TUFTS?
By ElianGon7 on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 05:23 pm: Edit

6/205 4.4/5.0
varsity letter in xcountry
in door and outdoot track for 4 years
5 on chem ap
more community service than i can fit in this space
740 math iic
620 wrting
700 chem
700math ic

By incognito on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 05:34 pm: Edit

Ok. Lets see here. All in all, you look pretty good. One major weakness to take into consideration before getting your hopes up, though: that SAT score could be higher. If you'd like to see advice on improving you'r math or verbal score, I'd suggest visiting the SAT forum.

The fact that you'r in the top 3% of your grade is very good. Last yr, a friend of mine got into Tufts, and she was in the top 6% or something, but she got like a 1470 on her SAT. Those SAT II scores are good. However, the fact that you mention one AP exam grade implies that you either havent taken any other AP classes or did but didnt do so well on the exam. That community service is a major bonus, especially for a liberal school like Tufts. Could do w/some more EC's. Elian, how much more time do you have? If you'r a junior, you can take the SAT I in senior yr (the fall-October/November test). You can dramatically bring your score up if you do the work.

Best of wishes, incongito

By um...no on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 01:41 am: Edit

I got into Tufts this year...and I think you prolly have a good shot at it. Tufts is willing to accept high ranks/grades for a medium SAT score (don't get me wrong, a 1280 is certainly a fine score, aint it still in the top 10%?)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page