Boarding School Acceptance High School

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2003 Archive: Boarding School Acceptance High School
By Perot on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 11:50 pm: Edit

I am in 8th grade and am applying as a boarding student to Exeter, Andover, St. Pauls and Groton. I scored in the 96th Percentile on the SSAT. My school does not give grades but if i averaged the comments I would get a GPA of around 3.2. and I am in one of the most competative schools in the city. I participate in Skiing, Ultimate Frisbee and Tennis sportswise. I also particate in Drama and have played large roles in "The Pirates of Penzance", "Iolanthe", "Macbeth" and "Men at Arms". I am a fairly competative chess player and a Guitar player. I was wondering if anyone can give me an estimate as to what my chances of getting into those schools are. Thank You.

By dxiw on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 11:52 pm: Edit

your very strong for an 8th grader..your prob in

By Perot on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 12:49 am: Edit

Thanks

By Wsbdncr (Wsbdncr) on Monday, December 29, 2003 - 03:29 pm: Edit

(already posted this in another section, but hasn't gotten any responses)

PLEASE HELP!!
Um..hi. I'm not applying to any boarding schools, just regular private schools. I am an 8th grader, I did pretty bad on SSAT's. my total score was an 871, not sure wat that means just know that it is in the 29% tile. I'm not sure wat ur percentile for an 8th grader is supposed to be.
My verbal score was 284
math was 307
and reading 280

the two schools on my list that i really want to go to are The Madeira School and The Bullis School. If ne1 has ne info on mi ssat scores, n the scores that those schools are looking for, please let me know. all the skools im applying to are the folllowing:
Madeira, Bullis, Holton-Arms, Potomac School, Holy Child, Holy Cross, and St. Andrews

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page