Olsen Twins got in to UPENN. Wholly Smolly

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2003 Archive: Olsen Twins got in to UPENN. Wholly Smolly
By Cru (Cru) on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 04:51 am: Edit

It's true...
Those Olsen Twins got in to UPENN...
Check it out under the UPENN post....
According to the article they chose UPenn because they want get away from the hollywood stuff... whatever... They even graduated highschool a year earlier... Do you guys think they got in because of they actually have good stats or because they are famous and Upenn wants to add a celebrity to their school... I'm guessing it's half half... I think they got a 1350 on their SAT and maybe 3.95 on unweighted GPA... You're right, these stats might be kind of high... But, there are many smart celebrities.. Just my opinion. What do you guys think? By the way, any celebrities at Cornell?

By Microcephalic (Microcephalic) on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 06:21 am: Edit

Who are they, again?

Serious question.

By ?? on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 06:45 am: Edit

Hey, these r rumors that have been floating around. I have read at 10 different places 10 different things! If i were to go by what i have read the Olsen twins would be attending Stanford,Upenn, Tufts, Cornell, Ohio State, Purdue, UCB, UCSB, Indiana, UIUC, Harvard, Penn State

By Troy on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 08:07 am: Edit

Add Notre Dame to that list. I heard they're heading off to south bend...I thought they would go to USC because one of the twins is dating a guy going to USC. If anyone knows who the Fonz is from Happy Days...it's his son that is dating one of the girls.

And of course being a celebrity enhances your chances of getting into a school...I would say it's 75% being famous and 25% academic...Steven Spielberg's son got into Stanford with a gpa in the high 2's low 3's and he's not even famous.

By Dori on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 10:29 am: Edit

u know they're only juniors....

By celebrities suck on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 10:39 am: Edit

You know it's because of celebrity status. It gives the school a better name. Chelsea Clinton made Stanford really popular a few years back, and Sara Hughes (olympic gold medalist) is going to Harvard next year. It's all about that shiz.

By lol on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 12:40 pm: Edit

but chelsea clinton went to sidwell friends and her grades rocked...she deserved to get in.

sara hughes also went to a top public school in long island, NY and rocked high school...something like 3.9, 1500.

those two got in on MERIT.

its not surprising that they are smart...look at their parents! for all of bill and hilary's faults, you cant deny that they were ACADEMICALLY smart. does it surprise you that two yale law grads produced a smart child? no.

both of sarah hughes's parents went to cornell and got advanced degrees from there too. again, it is so unfeasible that two ivy league parents produced a smart child? no.

By mo on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 12:41 pm: Edit

http://66.111.43.11/reports/2003/WORLD/0194/6149252.html

HAHAHAHA

UPENN huh?

FAKE LINK, YOU MORONS!!!

By junior on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 01:01 pm: Edit

i thought the olsen twins were sophomores. im pretty sure they are in the grade below me

By Gambier on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 11:06 pm: Edit

They are not going to UPenn. My best friend Julie is their stepsister (though they don't have the best relationship) I seriously doubt they will even attend college, they do not enjoy HS and plan on focusing on their ahem"buisness"ahem after HS.

But if they applied, I wouldnt be surprised if they are accepted anywhere they go. They are not particularly intelligent but for whatever reason those who are / were or who are related to someone who is / was in the spotlight are given special treatment. I live near Kenyon, a very prestigious liberal arts school. There are many children of celebs enrolled and more than half of them are druggies and/or dimwits.

By gt4 on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 01:45 am: Edit

how long until they're 18 now?

By me on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 08:09 am: Edit

they didn't apply anywhere...check the news, they were just rumors

By w on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 08:50 am: Edit

those chicks got in because they had the most amazing ECs

- THEY WERE ON TV SHOWS

By me on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 10:47 am: Edit

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=796&e=2&u=/eo/20030130/en_celeb_eo/11212 <-go there!

By I Love Mary-Kate on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 05:27 pm: Edit

Even if they went to a school, would that make the school better? JFK Jr. went to Brown U. because he could take everything pass/fail and mask the fact that he was as dumb as a doornail. After graduating from Brown with hardly any grades to show for it, he failed the bar exam three times trying to become a lawyer.

By nyguy on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 05:33 pm: Edit

itd make the school a whole lot better. i could then say i hooked up with the olson twins.. oh wait you guys couldnt do that cause most of your are losers.. i love AA, it gives midle range minorities to get into better schools and score with the movie stars.

anyone know if natalie portman will still be at harvard next year, if i get in ill def attend, not because of her, but its a huge bonus

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page