About Ivy leagues?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: About Ivy leagues?
By Curious on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 02:03 am: Edit

Which Ivy is the easiest to get into? Just wondering.

By incognito on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 02:07 am: Edit

It depends on whether or not you're a minority

--I'm curious about s.t. myself:
Why are we still up?? It's like 2:00 AM!

By asdf on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 02:08 am: Edit

Cornell--based on the U.S. News rankings, it has a 27% acceptance rate.

By Chinese American Cornell bound on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 02:22 am: Edit

Cornell maybe the easiest to get into but that's because it's the largest out of all the Ivies. Just take a look at the student population, nearly triple the size of it's fellow ivy sisters. They still send nearly 10000 rejection letters a year. The education there is also superb which is the most important thing. It also has excellent grad programs and it has by far the best engineering program out of all the Ivies. I'm done ranting for now, I guess I'm a bit biased since it's my first choice and it has a good size Asian student population (Specifically Chinese hehe).

By Damon on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 05:50 am: Edit

I agree, Cornell is a great school regardless of it's relatively higher acceptance rates than other Ivies which doesn't mean a thing in the first place. To me, Cornell will always be the jewel of NY, not Columbia.

By Jewish Engineer Cornell bound on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 11:39 am: Edit

The acceptance rate was actually 24% last year, just to clarify (not that it's a huge difference). A big reason why Cornell is easier to get into is because theyre always expanding (they have so much land, and lots of farms upon which to expand). Harvard's acceptance rate may be 10% or whatever crazy low number it is, but it's just gonna get lower as applications rise, since they are in a city and have no room to expand.
I may be biased also, because I AM going to Cornell next year as an engineering student. And I also liked Cornell because it has a high JEWISH population (something like one-third Jewish). Chinese American, to which school at Cornell did you apply?

By Chinese American Cornell bound on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 07:44 pm: Edit

Jewish Engineer CB,

I applied to the college of engineering like you. I want to study Mechanical Engineering. Yeah there are alot of Jewish people at Cornell or any other of the Ivy leagues for that matter.

By Challenge yourself on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 07:48 pm: Edit

Screw Cornell and their deadbeat farm school. Go to a better Ivy. Something more challenging like HYP etc. I can't believe you are Chinese and would actually aim so low. Cornell? LOL.

By youre just jealous on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 07:53 pm: Edit

Where do you go to college, @$$hole? You know Cornell's education quality is not equalled by most other ivies, with the exception of perhaps Princeton.

By Chinese American Cornell bound on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 08:13 pm: Edit

Challenge Yourself,

You're full of it. Cornell sucks? Hello? Out of all the Ivy Leagues, they are by far the best in engineering. That's sucking to you? Why does Cornell suck to you? Because it's easier to get into than the rest of the Ivies? What about education? It beats the hell out of most of the other Ivies. Cornell has been said to be the easiest Ivy to get into and also the easiest to flunk out. As for me being Chinese aiming low? HA Cornell has more Chinese students ABC or internationally than any other Ivy (Maybe due it's sheer size). More than Harvard, Yale, and Princeton. Hell even more than Penn and Columbia. They all aimed low in your opinion? In fact former Taiwan president Lee Tung Hui graduated from there and many other famous alumni. Cornell's undergrad and grad education is top notch in the world. In fact a majority of the graduate students at Harvard, MIT, Yale came from Cornell.

By Harvard Med on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 11:53 pm: Edit

Cornell sucks and you know it.

By lol on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 12:34 am: Edit

harvardmed,

who are the last THREE valedictorians of harvard medical school? puleritz'00, weiss'01, wong'02...they all did their undergrad at CORNELL.

By asdf on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 01:25 am: Edit

Do we know that puleritz'00, weiss'01, and won'02 are real people?

By incognito on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 01:36 am: Edit

asdf, are you the same person or not?

By asdf on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 01:38 am: Edit

yeah

By asdf on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 01:38 am: Edit

any variation isn't

By incognito on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 01:41 am: Edit

no, asdf, I meant are you the same kid who dissed me out on the "Flash Cards" forum?

By Cru (Cru) on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 03:50 am: Edit

Not this topic again...
I visit this site pretty often...
And, every time a look under topics such as "rank the ivies.. blablabla" I always see people dissing Cornell. I'm not gonna fight back. It's not like I'm gonna change anybody's mind or whatever. Let's just stop talking about Cornell being the easist ivy...

By Thats all I gotta say on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 04:22 am: Edit

If higher acceptance percentage is your reason for hating Cornell, then you are one close-minded chump. Cornell may not be up there with HYP (But who is really?) but IMO it is on par with Columbia and Penn and I certainly think it's above Dartmouth and Brown.

By asdf on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 04:36 am: Edit

Incognito, I've never posted on the "flash cards" forum. And I don't insult people.

By Jason on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 06:31 pm: Edit

Screw Cornell, it's all about the real Jewel of NY, Columbia

By US News Reporter on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 03:53 pm: Edit

The most prestigious Ivies outside of HYP are Cornell and Columbia in the first tier (past the top three). Followed by Penn (second tier). Followed by Dartmouth and Brown (third tier).

By sondogg on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 04:01 pm: Edit

guys, who cares about the prestige of the school? Why dont you guys just apply to schools that fit you? Whether thats HYP or Vassar. I'm so sick of hearing kids who have been brainwashed into believing that its HYP or bust. If you are smart, then you can do well anywhere and have fun anywhere.

By Thedad (Thedad) on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 07:33 pm: Edit

You tell 'em, sondogg. "Fit" is so much more important than prestige. And if you can't figure out what "fit" means, that's more than halfway to what should be a rejection anyway.

By Cornell rocks on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 09:16 pm: Edit

Cornell rocks, it's education is superior to most Ivies and it's by far the best engineering in all of the Ivies. Beat that you anti- Cornell dicks

By goldenboy on Thursday, February 06, 2003 - 09:17 pm: Edit

hardest to get into, in order: Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Columbia, Brown, Penn, Cornell, Dartmouth

By Kintaro (Kintaro) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 05:39 pm: Edit

Cornell is just a soso school.. I got into Cornell but I chose to go to USC!!! USC is the best!! it has better connection

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page