UC Riverside Medical Program

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2003 Archive: UC Riverside Medical Program
By Dyip10 (Dyip10) on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 06:51 pm: Edit

Hey I've read around the board and saw that it's a popular choice to go to UC Riverside and you can transfer to the UCLA Medical School? Could you guys give me more info on it, how hard it is, etc?

By asdfasdf on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 07:44 pm: Edit

its not guaranteed....thats the catch....they have a website on it, go check it out

By Dyip10 (Dyip10) on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 11:49 pm: Edit

Well this is the site, http://www.biomed.ucr.edu/bsmd/index.html
Well not guaranteed? So how well do you have to do to get into UCLA Medical School, do you have a better chance or are you like everyone else, because if you're like anyone else it'll be hella hard.

By asdfasdaf on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 12:39 am: Edit

http://www.biomed.ucr.edu/bsmd/prospective/freshmen_faq.html
go there...

Q. How many students have been admitted to the Program for Fall 2002?
A. An average of 200 students are expected to enroll as Biomed majors for Fall 2002.

Q. I understand that a maximum of 24 students are accepted from the 3rd year to the 4th. How large is the pool? Are these the original 200?
A. The 3rd Year class size is about 50-60 students. Normally, 45-55 students are still enrolled at the time of selection.

Q. What is the rate of medical school admissions for the students that complete the program but are not admitted into medical school after they have finished the program?
A. The number of students who go on to medical school from the Biomedical Sciences Program is tracked for those who are still in the program through the 3rd year; in this group there are an average of 50-55 students. 24 are selected for the UCR/UCLA MD program; of the remaining 26-31 students; about 20-25 go on to apply for medical school; from this group about 50-60% are accepted to other medical schools.

Q. What is UCR's medical school acceptance rate for medical school?
A. The acceptance rate for UCR undergraduate students admitted into medical school is a competitive 41% (national average 45%). This figure does not include our students who matriculate to osteopathic, podiatric or foreign schools. The placement to "particular" medical schools varies each year making it virtually impossible to produce a statistic as to where our students ultimately attend.

I picked out the important ones...still want to go?

By incognito on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 12:46 am: Edit

asdfasdaf, are you the same person who dissed me out on that "Flash Cards" forum??

By Burberry (Burberry) on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 12:48 am: Edit

lol

By asdfasdfasdf on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 02:56 am: Edit

um..no

i just type random crap in the user name space...i guess many other people do too

By anon on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 05:33 pm: Edit

asdf, what is your first choice?

By anon on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 05:34 pm: Edit

What are some of your academic awards?

By incognito on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 06:00 pm: Edit

anon, why are you copping my style???

By Dyip10 (Dyip10) on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 09:39 pm: Edit

Hmm since it is UC Riverside, and it's about 40-50% acceptance rate it shouldn't be that hard should it?

By asdfasdas on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 12:14 am: Edit

it's easy to get in...compared to the other ba/md programs across the nation....but...only a max of 24 students are selected to go to UCLA medical school...the rest 100+...get screwed :O and wasted 3 years of their life at UCR.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page