University of Pennsylavania legacy. What are my chances?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2003 Archive: University of Pennsylavania legacy. What are my chances?
By Kevin C. on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 04:19 pm: Edit

I'm a legacy at U of Penn since my mom went there. I understand legacies have a better shot at admission. How low can my SAT scores be as a legacy? I only scored 1350. HOwever, my GPA is 3.8.

By Ann85 (Ann85) on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 05:50 pm: Edit

A 1350 is within UPenns middle 50% of SAT scores anyway. What are your SAT II scores? What do you do for ec's? Theres alot more that goes into admission becides SATs so i wouldn't be too worried about them if i were you.

By realism on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 06:33 pm: Edit

It's in the mid 50% range because of all the URM's with 1100's that go there. If you're white, try to get it above 1400.

By z on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 05:40 pm: Edit

your legacy status is shot unless you use it in conjunction with early decision. kthxbye

By look elsewhere on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 07:51 pm: Edit

Ditto z's comment - Sorry to report that legacy counts for NADA unless you apply ED - That info is avialable in numerous comments made by Admissions and Director Stetson. e.g. " If a student with a legacy status wants UPenn then we will review with extra care, only if the student applies ED. If the student doesn't care enough to go ED then their chances are the same as any other student."

By kevin c on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 11:20 pm: Edit

Yes, I was planning to do ED and I am a legacy. Definitely will do ED, because I have no chance otherwise. Legacy, too

By quarkyt on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 08:43 am: Edit

umm.. learn how to spell and/or type, OK?

So what in the blue world is "Pennsylavania?"

:)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page