IIT - when do they tell you about admission for special prog

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2003 Archive: IIT - when do they tell you about admission for special prog
By aasdfasd on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 12:52 am: Edit

I received my acceptance letter from my backup school today - but it didn't say whether or not I made the Honors Program in Engineering and Medicine. Does anyone know when they notify you about that? (Illinois Institute of Technology)

By quarky on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 01:19 pm: Edit

backup school... wonderful.. backup sounds like some sh...tty school that is your safety. IIT is a good school dude. I was accepted last year and it is more than just a safety to me.

Are u doing the Camras weekend thing?

By what?!!!!!! on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 03:07 pm: Edit

Illinois Inst. of Tech has a medical program?! so what medical school do u get automatic admission to? Please answer, thanks.

By asdfasd on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 04:03 am: Edit

quarky - no, I had to choose between my Camras application or my Honors Program in Engineering and Medicine application, which sucks since I took 3 days on the former.

what?!! - The Chicago Medical School (CMS)

blah..I did some research and found on they notify you March 15th at the latest - so I may have to wait a while.

quarky, I know it's a decent school, but it's the easiest one that I applied to (others are like harvard, stanford, Brown PLME).

By yo on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 09:39 am: Edit

what are your stats asdfasd? Thanks in advance. If you get an interview then you're in really good shape because after that, all that counts is how you present yourself.

By asdfasd on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 01:22 pm: Edit

SAT I - 1550
SAT II - 770 Writing, 790 MathIIC, 780 Physics, 800 Chinese, 700 Spanish
AP's - 5, 5, 3, 3
Numerous academic awards that I'm too lazy to list...if you want ask me and I'll name a few important oens

Activities such as community service, youth group leader, officer positions in clubs, research position under a professor, swim team, taekwondo, piano, website design, etc.

By asdfasd on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 01:25 pm: Edit

sorry, I forgot but most important thing is probably I will have around 40-50 college units upon graduation, and I am concurrently enrolled in a local university right now.

By quarky on Monday, January 27, 2003 - 08:50 am: Edit

asdf -- you're in! Yeah, I looked at that eng+med program, but I don't really see any point in doing engineering with medical stuff. The only decent combination I can think of is biochemical engineering and med. That would make sense.

As for me, I decided to apply for the Camras scholarship. I applied last year, but couldn't make it in November. Will go to their weekend in three weeks, Feb. 15-17.

Good luck with your other apps, I am sure you will be accepted to at least some of the highly selective schools you have applied for.

By anon on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 08:18 pm: Edit

asdf, where else did u apply?

By asdfasdfads on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 08:44 pm: Edit

I'm the same guy that's going to the USC interview.....but also NYU BA/MD, George Washington BA/MD, Brown PLME, Washington University in St. Louis, Yale, Harvard, Stanford, Columbia, UPenn, UCLA, UCB, UCSD, Duke.......

By anon on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 08:59 pm: Edit

asdf, what is your first choice?

By quarky on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 09:18 pm: Edit

any tips for an interview??

By bumpissimo on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 12:28 am: Edit

bumpington

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page