HARVARD, UPENN, COLUMBIA CHANCES

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: February 2003 Archive: HARVARD, UPENN, COLUMBIA CHANCES
By Mark on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 09:18 am: Edit

Chances at Harvard, UPenn, Columbia, and Stanford

Scores 'n Stuff:

SAT: 780 m, 760 v
SAT II: Math IIC: 800, US Hist: 740, Writing: 740.
GPA: 3.97 uw, 4.88 weighted
Ap's: US Hist: 5, Calc BC: 5, Psychology: 5.

EC's:

- 4 years on Varsity Tennis (3 by then)
- Year long internship at National Institute of health doing computer/data analysis work.
- Organized and led a computer camp for underprivileged children during one summer.
- Worked for local Realtor, designed/maintained website.
- Vice President and Co-Founder of Investment Club at my school.
- Built, maintained website for local religious institution.
- From all this, I have 300+ community service hours. Mainly from the computer camp.

Other Stuff:

- 3 Great recommendations
- Good? Essay(s) (in my opinion)
- I am in the Full IB diploma program which is essentially 7 AP-equivalent classes a semester.

Minor, but maybe crucial stuff:

- Dad went to Harvard undergrad, Mom went to Barnard and Upenn.
- I have 2 uncles who went to Harvard and currently have two cousins from both sides currently at Harvard. (does this matter at all?)

By hi on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 02:29 pm: Edit

Wow...you probably have a better shot than most @ Harvard, but what's your rank?

By lo on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 02:37 pm: Edit

dude, this is the 3rd time u r posting this, would u please shut the hell up? u r a disgrace to the board. Administrator, please delete repeated posted messages.

By hi on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 06:05 pm: Edit

What the hell is up with this guy. His SAT scores changed over the past day (he suddenly gained 50 points on verbal, and note that there has been no new SAT score released recently). His ECs changed slightly.

"- Organized and led a tennis camp for underprivileged children during one summer."

to a computer camp. And this guy posts this every single day. What is wrong here??

By Mark on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 11:16 pm: Edit

Ok, let me explain. I didn't think it would particularly annoy anyone if I asked for chances multiple times. The SAT score 1490 was my first score, and I want to see my chances with a higher, THEORETICAL verbal score. As for the community service project, that is happening this summer. I am still planning the project. I hope this clears up any confusion or annoyance. By the way, if my assumption that new people would look at my posts (NOT THE SAME PEOPLE) is wrong, then maybe you should think about that fact. Do you enjoy looking at people's chances questions and get annoyed at the same posts? If so, then maybe YOU are taking the message board too seriously. All I want is a diverse set of responses to partially theoretical information, as I am a junior. I don't mean to antagonize anyone. Oh, and by the way, if anyone has any more useful posts/advice, please feel free.

By Mark on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 11:18 pm: Edit

Ok, let me explain. I didn't think it would particularly annoy anyone if I asked for chances multiple times. The SAT score 1490 was my first score, and I want to see my chances with a higher, THEORETICAL verbal score. As for the community service project, that is happening this summer. I am still planning the project. I hope this clears up any confusion or annoyance. By the way, if my assumption that new people would look at my posts (NOT THE SAME PEOPLE) is wrong, then maybe you should think about that fact. Do you enjoy looking at people's chances questions and get annoyed at the same posts? If so, then maybe YOU are taking the message board too seriously. All I want is a diverse set of responses to partially theoretical information, as I am a junior. I don't mean to antagonize anyone. Oh, and by the way, if anyone has any more useful posts/advice, please feel free.

By Mark on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 11:18 pm: Edit

woops ... pressed it twice

By hi on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 12:00 am: Edit

This is the most useful response you will get:

No one here knows anything. You have legacy coming out of your ass. Go do your homework and quit worrying.

By Juanita Joness auntie on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 07:14 pm: Edit

GPA: 3.97 uw, 4.88 weighted

How can you get a 4.88? Even with AP classes, it only boosts you up by .6. 4.6 should be the highest possibly gpa.

By fuckana on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 08:03 pm: Edit

Juanita, you are a big dumbass! Stop being so narrow minded! People go to different schools with different gpa procedures/weightings. Holyshit, how can you be soo stupid

By bump on Sunday, February 02, 2003 - 12:33 am: Edit

bump

By e on Sunday, February 02, 2003 - 04:43 am: Edit

its cuz she is mexican

By bumpety on Sunday, February 02, 2003 - 06:09 pm: Edit

bump bump

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page