|By person22 on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 02:33 pm: Edit|
Chances at Harvard, UPenn, Columbia, and Stanford
Scores 'n Stuff:
SAT: 780 m, 710 v
SAT II: Math IIC: 800, US Hist: 740, Writing: 740.
GPA: 3.97 uw, 4.88 weighted
Ap's: US Hist: 5, Calc BC: 5, Psychology: 5.
- 4 years on Varsity Tennis (3 by then)
- Year long internship at National Institute of health doing computer/data analysis work.
- Organized and led a tennis camp for underprivileged children during one summer.
- Worked for local Realtor, designed/maintained website.
- Vice President and Co-Founder of Investment Club at my school.
- Built, maintained website for local religious institution.
- 3 Great recommendations
- Great Essay(s) (in my opinion)
- I am in the Full IB diploma program which is essentially 7 AP-equivalent classes a semester.
Minor, but maybe crucial stuff:
- Dad went to Harvard undergrad, Mom went to Barnard and Upenn.
- I have 2 uncles who went to Harvard and currently have two cousins from both sides currently at Harvard. (does this matter at all?)
|By dxiw on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 05:32 pm: Edit|
very nice stats. I'd say you have a pretty good chance, however, admission at harvard can be a crapshoot so don't go crazy if you don't get it.
|By holo on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 06:16 pm: Edit|
dude, u r totally out! i know people hate the hear this but good medicines always tastes bitter. Seriously look for some Community Colleges that aren't too imfamous. You won't have much problem getting in those I guess. A state univ shall be ur reach, well, I mean fourth tier of course. It's ok, there's still hope, u can transfer later or apply to a good graduate program.
|By AzN_Cowboy on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 10:13 pm: Edit|
Jeese, mad legacy...
Report an offensive message on this page E-mail this page to a friend
|Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.|
|Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only|