Early Stanford RD Acceptance?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2003 Archive: Early Stanford RD Acceptance?
By omg on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 08:47 pm: Edit

my friend got his acceptance letter from stanford last friday. HOW ON EARTH DID THAT HAPPEN? Don't the RD results comes in April?

By seppy on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 09:10 pm: Edit

hmm...a friend told me last week he got accepted to cornell RD...i thought he was lying through his teeth, but maybe not.

By megan on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 09:15 pm: Edit

it varies depending on the school...although they usually mail the acceptance letters out on the date that they say they will. unless they administer a policy of rolling admission.

By Kk02 (Kk02) on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 09:24 pm: Edit

Sometimes they do send out likely letters which are quite like "You've been admitted so dont worry about Harvard any more".

By omg on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 11:38 pm: Edit

but why? and in what cases?

By meqleth1024 on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 12:18 am: Edit

Did he apply ED and get it late?
Stanford results arent due till April.

Ask you friend, find out for us.
I applied RD and I cant wait another 2+ months.

By bump on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 11:03 pm: Edit

bump

By wdmx on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 11:14 pm: Edit

bump??what does that even mean??

By bumpie on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 02:28 am: Edit

every time someone posts the message gets "bumped" to the top of the page

By Dadster on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 09:41 am: Edit

OMG, schools send out "likely letters" to try to lock in very desirable applicants early. Knowing the kid has months to wait to hear from the other colleges, the school sending the letter hopes to gain early mind-share and a better chance of having that applicant matriculate. These usually aren't in the form of actual offers of admission, but rather in the form of high praise for the applicant's accomplishments and an indication of good news to come.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page