Stay at state or can I get into Ivy's

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2003 Archive: Stay at state or can I get into Ivy's
By Anonymously Minnesotan on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 09:25 pm: Edit

Hi, I am a junior taking all classes at the University of minnesota. I'm in the IT honors program so I am like a honors freshman there. I have EC's like Math Team, AMC, AIME qualifier(little test things for math), Debate state champ in novice, a bit of volunteering, participating in cultural events, bpa national finalist, deca state finalist, gpa 3.9 unweighted, 4.2 weighted, my school does not weight ANY U of M credits so that will probably drop. Used to tutor at local elementary school, thinking of research soon, Psat 230, hoping for high scores on SAT's, act 34 but it didnt count for schools outside of minnesota. participant in youth government in the city, play tennis for fun. Should I stay at the U of M or do I have a chance at the ivy's? Any comments would be helpful. Thanks!

By Pat57575 (Pat57575) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 09:42 pm: Edit

shoot for the ivies

By ABC on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 10:06 pm: Edit

I agree, try your best on the SATs (from your PSAT score you look like you are in great shape) and take some SAT IIs if you haven't already. Ivies such as Cornell are seemingly in reach for you. Good luck!

By The original poster on Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 12:03 pm: Edit

Thanks

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page