UC's EC check!!!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2003 Archive: UC's EC check!!!!
By Weidamengxing (Weidamengxing) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 06:29 pm: Edit

I've just received an mail from the UC admission record office(?), asking me to provide evidence for one of the summer pre-college course. haha, so for those who lies, here's how they check. (be honest, it scared me a hell lot when I just got it)

By shutup on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 09:32 pm: Edit

of course they'll check on you if it's about a college course or academic-related situation, but EC's doesn't include college courses. man, you scared the f**k out of me when i read the title. i don't think they check on EC's, though. but yeah, they would check on college courses. man, if you consider a college course an EC, then you must be a really boring person (no offense).

By hgksj on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 09:34 pm: Edit

you are a dumbass, a college course isn't an EC.

yeah i would think you're boring, too.

By trabs on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 09:34 pm: Edit

maybe you didn't send the transcript.

By uc on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 09:37 pm: Edit

well, just the same, the UC system starting with fall 2003 applicants, has implemented a 'freshman verification' system, where they check extracurricular activities and if you cannot submit satisfactory evidence that you actually completed what you said you did on your application, they will cancel your application to all the campuses and prevent you from re-applying in the future: the no tolerance for lying.

read about it at:
http://www.ucop.edu/pathways/ucnotes/dec02/admission2.html

By YO on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 10:04 pm: Edit

YO Weid......

Did you get the verification notice in the mail or by email? Do they ask to verify all ur ECs?

By Weidamengxing (Weidamengxing) on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 10:38 am: Edit

I audited the course, not formally enrolled, and that's why I put it down in summer EC, not summer courses. There's no transcript or credit for what I did. All I have is the recommendation letter from a professor saying that I've taken all the exams and performed very well.

By weidamengxing on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 10:48 am: Edit

does any other school do that?

By ok on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 04:10 pm: Edit

well then hand in the rec. letter from the professor...that should be sufficient

By Lil_Princess on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 09:00 pm: Edit

Anyone else got this letter from UC?

By Dyip10 (Dyip10) on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 02:42 am: Edit

Okay, for like a record or proof of an EC I did, can I photocopy or scan/print the certificate (because I don't want to use the original)

By why dont you on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 12:27 am: Edit

photocopy it and attach a note explaining what it is, how they would go about verifying it etc.

By Questions on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 12:39 am: Edit

I went on that site someone linked above... it said that "Applications selected for verification will be identified in December" -- And "Weidamengxing" just got the letter now?

If I was involved in an activity, and I checked it off that I would also be completing that activity for 12th grade, but I was unable to continue on with the activity due to some unexpected health reasons, do I need to notify them...

By bump on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 09:39 pm: Edit

bump

By newb on Saturday, January 25, 2003 - 03:21 pm: Edit

The truth is, UC's do SPOT CHECK a small percentage of the applications. My friend knows two people personally who works in the Berkeley admissions and Irvine admissions. I heard that they check like 1 out of 1000 applications (I don't know if this is true). BUT I do know that they check some applications randomly. The applications get processed in batches (through the schools you come from). So, if you lied on your application that you were an officer, and another person said the samething, you're both screwed. (That's IF they remember, check both applications for the ec's, etc). This happened once.. It's fairly unlikely that they'll check up on you, but there is still a possibility.

By weidamengxing on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 06:36 pm: Edit

so only 30 people got checked??? or do u mean 1 out of 100?

By newb on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 01:39 am: Edit

I don't know the real stats. I'm pretty sure it's an exaggeration, but I do know that they check a few.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page