ROTC Scholarship @ USC

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: ROTC Scholarship @ USC
By Jericho86 (Jericho86) on Saturday, January 31, 2004 - 03:57 pm: Edit

Hey all, I'm a newcomer here, and I first want to say that I'm really impressed by the help that one can get in these forums. It's like some underground society for ambitious collegebounds.

Anyway, I applied for USC (first choice, dream college) before the Dec. Scholarship deadline and an NROTC Scholarship to pay for it.

I've been approved for the NROTC scholarship and will be awarded it provided I pass a health examination and get admitted into a college w/ an NROTC program. I'm getting redundant here, but yeah, I told the Navy that USC was my first choice college, and have been stationed there pending my acceptance.

I was wondering whether the fact that I was awarded the scholarship will help my in the admission process. I'm really sweating the decision guys, and I would just like to hear some feedback or encouragement from others. I have a 1300 SAT (somewhat on the low side).

I see many people who come here and tell others how they have 1300 SATs and are told that they have no chance @ USC. It's a little discouraging, but sometimes I get the feeling that the college admission process is somewhat of a crapshoot. Hopefully I'll get lucky. Thanks guys.

By Jericho86 (Jericho86) on Saturday, January 31, 2004 - 06:40 pm: Edit

anything to say guys?

By Jericho86 (Jericho86) on Saturday, January 31, 2004 - 08:12 pm: Edit

Please?

By Miseryxsignals (Miseryxsignals) on Saturday, January 31, 2004 - 09:28 pm: Edit

hey Jericho,
My really good friend is in the same situation:
got the ROTC scholarship ($100,000) and has it registered under his first choice at USC.
I think that should probably help your application, 1300 should be good for USC (in my opinion), its higher than my friends (high 1100's i think?). But what my friend is doing is waiting till a certain date (Early april i think?) and whatever schools he gets into by then he will transfer his scholarship to the best place that he's already been accepted, that way he'll make use of it even if he doesnt get into USC (or know his admission status by then)

Good luck!

By Jericho86 (Jericho86) on Saturday, January 31, 2004 - 11:38 pm: Edit

thanks Mixeryxsignals I wish your friend luck.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page