Anyone FAILED an AP TEST?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2003 Archive: Anyone FAILED an AP TEST?
By Me on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 10:50 pm: Edit

Anyone here failed an AP test? Which ones? I ask because I know that I'm going to fail both Chem and Spanish. Do colleges take AP tests really seriously?

By haha on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 10:51 pm: Edit

2-AP Economics :(...studied independently...guess I didn't have what it took...oh well...

By me on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 10:57 pm: Edit

yeah, but you didn't even have to worry about that hurting your chances with admissions because you didn't have to tell colleges that you took it. If you take the class at school, then they obviously are gonna want to know what you got.

By Me on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 10:58 pm: Edit

How do you study independently? Online or through books? Where would someone go to get the materials for something like that>

By Burberry (Burberry) on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 10:58 pm: Edit

hey i know someone who failed the AP art exam. heard it's a bitch good luck to whoever's taking it

By niko on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 11:24 pm: Edit

i failed the US History last yr as a junior. I really thought i was going to pass it. i got a 2. im gonna study again and ask if i can take it again. im not sure if i can though. im aiming for a 4 this yr. i passed the english language test with a 3 and spanish language with a 5

By failedthem on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 02:52 am: Edit

i failed with a 1 music theory freshman year. took it again junior year and got a 4. failed human geography and euro hist ( 2 and 1 respectively) sophmore year, but raised them to a 4 and 5 respectively. i'm a freshman at berkeley (cali. resident).

By nyguy on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 09:37 am: Edit

i got a 1 on physics and never retook it. my guidance counselor said just to moit the grade. they prolly wouldnt notice or assume it wasnt good. i figure its better to have it not counted than counted against me

By fertoli on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 04:32 pm: Edit

I got a 2 on the AP Astro Physics exam. Guess I didn't study enough.

By paul on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 07:56 pm: Edit

i got 1s on the calc BC and french lang exams last year, and a 2 on bio - i'm not too worried about those though.

By so-so on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 08:03 pm: Edit

soph yr i got a 3 on compsci AB...jr yr i got 5 on calc bc tho so its all good...this year i'll do french, macro, music theory, physics (both mechanics and E/M exams)

By normalchick on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 12:14 pm: Edit

YES!!! NORMAL PEOPLE!! it really truly sickens me when everyone posts, omg, i got a 5!!! i am not harvard, et. al, material!!! grrrrrr....

By jamu86 on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 04:31 pm: Edit

I cancelled my AP Physics score cuz I answered less than 1/2 of the 70 questions :-( But then they later told me that they "lost my exam" so they gave me a refund.

By lo on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 04:46 pm: Edit

oh, when they tell u they've lost ur exam, they mean that u r gonna to die. They have a bunch of codes, my friend broke some of them. IT's just the AP nerds thing...

By dxiw on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 04:50 pm: Edit

I got a 2 in AP Language & Comp, they couldn't read my handwriting on the essays :(

By muah on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 05:52 pm: Edit

lo-
what are you talking about??

By Kahuna613 (Kahuna613) on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 07:41 pm: Edit

Did you know you can actually a 0 or even a dash. If all you write is curse words on the free response section, you can get a dash, according to my US History teacher. He said if you put something like "railroading is my hobby", then you get a 0. My government teacher was telling me about all the weird things that happen at the AP grading session in Nebraska, it sounds REALLY subjective. Like if they cant read your writing, some people just give you a low grade and move on. She also said people were asked to take tests home last year and grade them there. Sounds kind of sketchy to me.

By Burberry (Burberry) on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 08:08 pm: Edit

i got a 1 on ap calc ab, ap chem
and also a 2 on ap us history and ap bio
but a 3 on ap music theory, and i didn't even take that class!

By nyguy on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 09:45 pm: Edit

haha i know a kid who drew a cartoon about chickens on the ap physics exam but answered the multiple choice ••••. he got a 1. i think it would have been more interesting had i got a dash instead of a 1. atleast that way id be able to say the test got messed up and its not my fault lol

By Dori on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 09:52 pm: Edit

i got a 2 on the euro exam...my school f'ed up tho. they didn't order enough tests for everyone in the class, (89 instead of 98) so 12 of us ended up taking the "B" test about two weeks late! unfortunately my teacher wasn't that good, i didn't take it seriously (at the time) and i ended up getting a 2....

i'm scared to death of my APs this year (psychology and english language) my psychology teacher is a SOB, racist, bigot, and basically hates everyone who's not a white anglo-saxon (like him). my english teacher is awesome, but i'm just not as strong a writer as i'd like to be....

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page