UC Berkeley

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: UC Berkeley
By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 11:05 pm: Edit

Did anyone recieve an E-mail from UC-Berkeley saying they were eligible to recieve an Alumni Leadership Scholarship. I think I may have recieved this email because in Leadership, I helped create a carnival to raise money, in order to build a school in North Pakistan and other charities. UC Berkeley actually implemented this same carnival plan at their campus (there was a newspaper article etc.) Wrote an essaay about that. So yeah, my dad went to UC Berkeley and I'm in leadership. So i was wondering maybe if thats why I got the email or was this just a standard email that everyone recieved? Becacuse honestly I don't know why they'd be sending me that stuff, because I don't think my 3.3 GPA will hold up.

By Ktoid (Ktoid) on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 11:09 pm: Edit

Everyone gets the email. Can you not read because it clearly states that everyone gets it, jeez.

By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 11:30 pm: Edit

The email does not clearly state that everyone gets it. Can you not comprehend, because clearly it states,
"Your receipt of this email is in no way an indication of acceptance to the UC system. This message has been sent to you
regardless of your admissions status or eligibility for the Alumni Leadership
Scholarship."

It did not say anything about it being sent to everyone and many of my friends did not get the email.

By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Friday, January 30, 2004 - 01:02 am: Edit

What about a Survery from Berkeley?

By Ktoid (Ktoid) on Friday, January 30, 2004 - 01:11 am: Edit

>"regardless of your admissions status or eligibility for the Alumni Leadership"

POST EDITED - DO NOT USE PROFANITY OR NAME-CALLING ON THIS BOARD OR YOU WILL BE BANNED. MODERATOR SKYHAWK

By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Friday, January 30, 2004 - 01:54 am: Edit

"This message has been sent to you"
Stop being a lawyor and complete the sentence.

You interpreted the sentence differently, but I get the overall jist of what you're trying to say. That these emails were most likely sent to lots of people. I didn't appreciate how you were being a smarty pants and said "can you not read", because obviously I read it and interpreted it correctly.

***BUT CLEARLY it does not state that it was sent to everyone. It was just sent to me, regardless of my admission (they could not legally tell you, anyhow until Match) and furthermore, they didn't fully check the eligibility of everyone, but most likely sent them out to people who had the best chance of receiving this scholarship. Only 1 of my friends out of the 10 that i've asked, got this e-mail and hes the captain of the soccer team (mucho leadership).

By Stanfordrulez (Stanfordrulez) on Friday, January 30, 2004 - 03:00 am: Edit

ARGH!
I'm sorry Savedbythebell, but I agree with Ktoid. Its a very very general email to everyone. Period.

By Slayer (Slayer) on Friday, January 30, 2004 - 06:14 am: Edit

Well I didn't get it...

By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Saturday, January 31, 2004 - 03:50 am: Edit

Stanford sucks. lol just kidding.

By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Saturday, January 31, 2004 - 03:50 am: Edit

actually not really. Down with the tree.

By Stanfordrulez (Stanfordrulez) on Saturday, January 31, 2004 - 01:24 pm: Edit

LOL!
Well...
I guess I'm going to say Berkeley SUCKS! I got in EA to Stanford, and am almost definitely accepting! That means we can be best of enemies [once you get in to Berkeley!! :)]!!!

Stanford is a lot better than Berkeley. Accept it. For as I read somewhere, all Stanford rejects go to Berkeley! LOL!
[Just Kidding! :)]

By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Saturday, January 31, 2004 - 01:31 pm: Edit

oh man.

By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Saturday, January 31, 2004 - 01:34 pm: Edit

My dad's alma mater is Berkeley, so growing up in this household, i've always had a disliking for Stanford (sports wise), even though I root for them in the NCAA tournament, because I support any pac 10 team. I highly doubt i'll get into Berkeley. I've already gotten into the University of Arizona, so perhaps, when U of A plays Stanford in basketball, i'll be able to look forward to them clobbering you.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page