|By Luvvlise (Luvvlise) on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 07:52 pm: Edit|
Got deferred from my ED, Bryn Mawr. Is Bryn Mawr's ED process similar to Haverford, in which fewer applicants not accepted are deferred? Or do they pretty much defer everyone who didn't get accepted? Haven't had a good long cry like that in a while. I'm gonna be ok, but... what are my chances for RD? (Am doing a campus visit/tour/interview mid-February, hopefully that'll emphasize my great interest).
SATs: 1360, 710 writing, 620 french, 580 math ic.
GPA: 3.5 unweighted (this was probably my weakest factor).
Decent/Excellent essays and recs.
EC's: (lagging in strong leadership positions)
- Wind Ensemble (First chair flute and first chair piccolo) -- also, many hours with flute choir (and volunteer performances). Two CMEA superiors, and one command performance
- Lacrosse (Varsity)
- Piano for 10+ years. Several minor competition awards, and I teach beginners voluntarily.
- Guitar for 8+ years. Self-taught, but I perform at the hospital where I volunteer at (some of the patients make oldies requests). Am taking lessons in classical.
- Hospital volunteer (patient care assistant/front desk for the past 4 years)
- Tutor kids k-8 in english, reading, and social studies (not math and sciences... I know when I am beaten.)
- French (club member, and 8th place in national standardizing test, Mardi Gras representative)
- Have had a steady job for 4 years.
- Huge time commitment to Thai Buddhist temple (competed in pageantries, Miss Popular title of Thai New Year pageant, L.A., also cook Thai food/sell on Sundays donating profits, and have graduated Thai School since 8th grade)
- Did a summer program at Northwestern (4.0 on NU transcript) and a neat Honors certificate for writing a good research paper.
- Speak HTML (webmaster of walnutcreekrestaurants.com)
- Am starting a Scrabble club -- didn't put it in the resumé... but Scrabble is the best...
Thanks in advance!
|By Luvvlise (Luvvlise) on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 08:18 pm: Edit|
*er, few applicants get deferred if not accepted (not fewer applicants not accepted... yeah, can't talk well when distressed)
|By Chen (Chen) on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 09:05 pm: Edit|
Don't worry about it. I think that February trip will help you. I don't know the case for this college, but in general, a good # of the people deferred are rejected.
|By Luvvlise (Luvvlise) on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 11:09 pm: Edit|
::sigh:: it's soooo hard to move on, even though you try to convince yourself that you can be happy wherever you end up. Thanks though.
Report an offensive message on this page E-mail this page to a friend
|Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.|
|Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only|