A D!!!!!!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: A D!!!!!!!
By Luc (Luc) on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 03:50 pm: Edit

I just got a D in my junior year. Am I pretty much screwed over at my chances at the ivies and the more exclusive schools?

By Voigtrob (Voigtrob) on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 04:45 pm: Edit

Semester grade? If so that's kinda a big deal I think, unless you have a really good explanation. My guidance counselor said he's never seen anyone get into HYPS-calibre schools with a semester grade of a C on their record.

By Luc (Luc) on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 05:13 pm: Edit

Yeah it's my semester grade. So i'm pretty screwed huh. Man. This sucks.

By Voigtrob (Voigtrob) on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 05:18 pm: Edit

Ouch... well is there any reason for it... any excuse? The thing is that generally people of ivy-calibre don't get Cs or esp. Ds unless either a) they were lazy in the class or b) there was some extenuating circumstance that caused it. Was it A or B for you? Or was it just a class that you were in over your head?

By Luc (Luc) on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 05:54 pm: Edit

A. I just messed around. I didn't realize wut i had until the semester ended. I just assumed I had an A.

By Voigtrob (Voigtrob) on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 06:19 pm: Edit

Sucks man... don't know what to tell you. Maybe you can ask your counselor if you can drop the class post-grading or get it supressed or something. Or maybe begging the teacher to do anything for a B? Haha... donno. It may really hurt, but to be honest it's not the end of the world.

By Anduin (Anduin) on Friday, January 30, 2004 - 02:55 am: Edit

To be honest, the Ivies are now irrevocably out of your league unless you cure a disease or convince your parents to give a million dollars to a school. That doesn't mean that you can't get a perfectly good education somewhere else.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page