What are my chances? UPenn, Brown, Cornell, Columbia....

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: What are my chances? UPenn, Brown, Cornell, Columbia....
By Megan (Megan) on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 09:43 pm: Edit

I am applying to University of Pennsylvania, Columbia, Brown, and Cornell (and USC just in case) as a transfer student. I got into USC as a freshman but decided to attend ASU my first year (mostly because I got a full scholarship). I'm really worried that I'm going to be stuck at ASU forever (sob). Can anyone tell me my chances of getting into these schools?

High School GPA: 4.1 w, 3.9 uw
APs: US History and Calc (I'm from a small town in AZ where not many were offered)
College GPA: 4.0
ACT: 33 (english 35, math 34, reading 34, science 29)
SAT: Ugh, not showing them those
ECs: Tons of awards showing horses

I'm not sending my SAT I scores because they suck (670 math 650 verbal) and SAT IIs are not required for transfer admission. I called UPenn and they claim that they treat the SAT and ACT equally but I really think they prefer the SAT.

Thanks for your help!

By Megan (Megan) on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 10:29 pm: Edit

Please help!!!

By Megan (Megan) on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 01:17 am: Edit

Why will no one help answer this?

By Stargazrlilychk (Stargazrlilychk) on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 04:00 pm: Edit

I think you have a more than decent shot at cornell (like 90 %), a decent shot a brown, however penn and ESPECIALLY columbia will be somewhat difficult (i heard that columbia only accepts like 8% or something crazy of its transfers). im applying to cornell as a transfer next year (ILR school). best of luck wherever you end up.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page