UCLA ACCEPTANCE CHANCES 3.3/4GPA

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: UCLA ACCEPTANCE CHANCES 3.3/4GPA
By Ucla07 (Ucla07) on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 06:49 pm: Edit

Please help me with advice on whether or not I should apply for UCLA with a 3.3 GPA.

By Caliplaya03 (Caliplaya03) on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 06:59 pm: Edit

um to be honest with you i dont know enough about you. What is your weighted gpa that might help a little bit. What about sats and ec's satII's? Being a CA resident is also a plus.

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 07:42 pm: Edit

If you're NOT a California resident, you need at least a 3.4 to be considered for the UC's.

However, if you are a California resident, like Caliplaya said, we need more information: your SAT scores, your SAT II's, etc. Also, is your 3.3 GPA based on UC approved courses or it your school's own cummulative GPA?

By Becks777 (Becks777) on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 08:22 pm: Edit

You r not gonna get in if any of these apply to you
1. Yuo r asian
2. You r white
3. You life has been a nice typical suburban type
4. You r out of state

You will get in if these apply to you
1. You r URM
2. You wrote an essay saying how you were discriminated
3. You wrote an essay saying how you had to support your blind mom and your cripple sister by working 14 hours a day.

By Dreadpirate (Dreadpirate) on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 06:11 pm: Edit

What is your assist to turnover ratio? Can you create off the dribble? Are you > 45% behind the arc?

By Caliplaya03 (Caliplaya03) on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 09:47 pm: Edit

URM staus doesnt natter in UC admissions as you can see the minority enrollment has fallen.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page