University of California Admissions

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2003 Archive: University of California Admissions
By dyip10 on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 01:53 am: Edit

What would be typical acceptance stats for a Chinese Male to get accepted to UCLA, UCI and UCSD? (GPA, SAT, SAT II)

By me on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 02:31 am: Edit

UCLA - for a chinese male the median is probably high 1300's.

UCSD - mid to low 1300's

UCI - 1200's or lower

Go to each school's websites and check out their median SAT scores, then bump it up about 20 points for being Chinese

By old on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 09:23 am: Edit

good luck getting accepted to UCLA, unless of course, you have a sob story. Which of the 3 is your first choice? (I would assume UCLA)

By dyip10 on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 04:00 pm: Edit

My choice is UCLA, and I'm not sure about UCSD or UCI. And how much do I need my GPA above average? You said SAT 20 points more? How about GPA?

By dyip10 on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 11:17 pm: Edit

What are the chances of getting into the UC if you have the adverage stats. Like if the average SAT score was 1300, and a 4.2 GPA, if you got that what are your chances of getting accepted, including the fact you played 2 varsity sports, EC, commmunity service, etc.

By Lakrfan on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 11:26 pm: Edit

What about UC Berkeley? From what I hear, Cal has the most Chinese students out of any school in the nation ABC or FOB.

By jack on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 04:33 pm: Edit

chances at Princeton, Harvard, Stanford, berkeley, UCLA, U Chicago, Northwestern, Brown, Cornell, Columbia, Duke, NYU, BU, UC San Diego?
SATI: 800M/720V
SATII: 800 math IIC,720 writ, 770 phys
GPA: 3.63 UW, 9 APs: US hist, stats, english writing, macro econ, micro econ english lit, comp sci A, calc AB, phys; other advanced courses
out of country: London, Eng. (American citizen)
good ecs: pres. of 2 clubs, involved in 4 others (community service), 500+ hrs community service, math team (numerous awards)
sports: track & field (3 yrs), swimming (1 yr)
play guitar, piano, have played trumpet

By UC Newbie on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 12:05 am: Edit

Can you guys post whatever you know about general admissions for UCs?

By UCs are cool on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 01:27 am: Edit

Go get a copy of the UC information book. It explains it all.

http://www.ucop.edu/pathways/infoctr/introuc/ITU03_04.pdf

By Tsai Shen Rui on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 06:39 pm: Edit

UC Berkeley most Chinese? I thought it's UCLA.

By Who cares on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 07:31 pm: Edit

Chinese, Korean, Japanese...they all look Asian to me.

By Justwannahelp (Justwannahelp) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 07:51 pm: Edit

who cares is a dumbass first of all im not going to waste a lot of energy on it-

dyip- to get into uci you need a very high math SAT score, since its mostly a math school. there is a HUGE population of asians (chinese specifically i dont know) at UCI. if you're interesting in the sciences/math, uci is a great school. another big factor is whether you are from california or not. if you are, that's an advantage.

By dyip10 on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 10:35 pm: Edit

Yes I'm a California resident.

By Justwannahelp (Justwannahelp) on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 05:55 pm: Edit

what are some of your possible major choices?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page