Chances at George Washington

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Chances at George Washington
By Judeezy36 (Judeezy36) on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 03:21 pm: Edit

Hey, well.. I applied Early Decision round II to The George Washington University, and I was just wondering what you all thought of my chances before my decision was mailed out

African American male
Excellent reccs and essays
3.5 GPA
640 V 560 M
Ec's:Jazz band- 4 yrs president
show band - 4 yrs president
pep band- 4 yrs president
multicultural club- 4 yrs (exec officer)
church youth group- 4 yrs
community service at a nursing home- 2 yrs
model UN- 4 years (exec officer)
peer mentor program- 2 yrs
crew team- 1 yr
NHS
SNHS(spanish NHS)
Leadership training program over the summer- 4 weeks
Book Award for Service(2 students out of 200)

Don't really know about my chances, maybe 30% shot, I just got into rutgers with a 10k per year scholarship, so I'm happy about that, but I really like GW.. feel free to add any input.. thanks.. peace-

By Judeezy36 (Judeezy36) on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 03:26 pm: Edit

One thing to add, my GPA is low because of my first 2 years of high school, they were both 3.1, and junior year I picked up the slack with a 3.85, and a 3.76 this year.

By Skiowad (Skiowad) on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 03:33 pm: Edit

what about satii's, ap's, weighted gpa? are you taking the hardest possible schedule?

By Judeezy36 (Judeezy36) on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 03:40 pm: Edit

Sat II's were all around 600, but nah, my school(prep school) runs on a pre-requisite honors program, so I had (4) 91's in subjects that I needed 93's in, and when I finally reached that 93 plateau in my junior year, they required the honors class that I would've taken in junior year..for example.. senior year honors english/ap english requires honors english 3 which I didn't have... so basically are you saying my chances are pretty weak?

By Judeezy36 (Judeezy36) on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 05:15 pm: Edit

bump

By Skiowad (Skiowad) on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 05:33 pm: Edit

to be honest with you, i'm only a junior and am interested in GW, but i just noticed that you were missed the said parts of the app. GW's average sat is about 1240 ro so, so youre still in the range, and your upward trend with gpa helps out your 3.5. try posting under GW's forum

By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 05:42 pm: Edit

need your SAT I score...

By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 05:44 pm: Edit

Oh sorry, didn't see it...I think you have a good shot.

By Judeezy36 (Judeezy36) on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 05:49 pm: Edit

thanks a lot everyone

By Skiowad (Skiowad) on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 06:01 pm: Edit

good luck i hope you get in

By Penn08please (Penn08please) on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 03:32 pm: Edit

GW isn't terribly difficult to get into, i think you have a great shot. Amazing dorms at the university, you'll feel like royalty (maid-service, private bathrooms, the works- also, the possibly to live in the Watergate Hotel). Good luck!

By Judeezy36 (Judeezy36) on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 04:43 pm: Edit

thanks man, that's what attracted me to GW, the dorms are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.. starbucks in the student center, 6 blocks from the white house.. i think soon it will be as competitive and as popular as nyu

By Penn08please (Penn08please) on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 10:39 pm: Edit

I actually ended up applying to the Honors program at GW. The university lacks a "true" campus, but DC really is the campus of GW. With Georgetown, they make up the capital's most popular colleges. There are amazing opportunities for great internships and political science/pre-law is a hot major. If you're trying to go into politics, GW is a great place to go. I have a friend who graduated from high school last year, now attending. She loves it, and I hope you will too.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page