Computer Engineering - Any thoughts on my chances?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Computer Engineering - Any thoughts on my chances?
By Compgeek (Compgeek) on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 - 02:14 pm: Edit

I've already applied to the following schools, and I believe it's too late to do any more.

Rutgers University (accepted)
The College of New Jersey
University of Delaware
Lehigh University
Virginia Tech

My stats are 1380 SAT (720m/660v) and 3.7gpa (19/330). Involved in a bunch of various things like NHS, bowling leagues, building web pages for my high school / local elementary school, etc.

Also, of the colleges I've applied to, which would you suggest I attend if I got in? I plan to study Computer Engineering. Financial consideration is also very important, as I don't have the most money.. maybe $12k a year.

Thanks for any input!

By Compgeek (Compgeek) on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 - 10:57 pm: Edit

bump

By Compgeek (Compgeek) on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 10:46 am: Edit

Anyone want to give me a fair evaluation?

By Zorro5280 (Zorro5280) on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 02:14 pm: Edit

My guess is that you are above the curve for all that you have applied to. Congrats! With regard to financial aid, that, my friend, is the key word. It is for the schools themselves to evaluate whether you can afford 12K or 24K or 2K. I'm sure you filed, right? That being the case, make fin aid a major consideration in your school choice. None of these schools stands out extraordinarily over the rest. I've heard from kids majoring in comp eng at every one you mentioned except Delaware, and they all are pleased. Me, I dig a smaller school like Lehigh, but that's just me. I know someone else who is over the moon about V Tech. Good luck!

By Compgeek (Compgeek) on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 02:44 pm: Edit

Yep, I filed and ended up with an EFC of around $11K... does that mean that schools are required to make up the rest or is it on a school by school basis? Virginia Tech I have heard doesn't give much financial aid except a few merit scholarships..

By Compgeek (Compgeek) on Friday, January 30, 2004 - 04:13 pm: Edit

bump

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page