PLEASE REPLY! GPA help needed

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2003 Archive: PLEASE REPLY! GPA help needed
By 324 on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 07:26 pm: Edit

Hello, Last year, my freshmen year, I was screwing around and messed up so bad. my GPA is 2.5, ranked 124 out 185.

That is sooooooo sad. This year, my softmore year I have GPA 4.0 so far. (yes i'm turning around)
that freshmen year will screw me big time and I'm taking classes form communty college to help me catch up to advanced levels.

If i take a class of bio, i dont' have to take it again next year, and they will send the transcript form the college to my high school. dose that average in wiht my GPA?

What do you think I should do inorder to boost my GPA up?

and is an A= 4.0 no matter if its a high or low A?
like, is a 90 a 4.0 and so is 100? please help.

By CousinMertle on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 07:28 pm: Edit

softmore year?

By AzN_Cowboy on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 07:33 pm: Edit

It's good to see that you are becoming more academically focused. I don't know if your school does this, but when counting class rank, my school counts an A in an AP class as a 5.0
My advice for you is to take as many AP classes as possible. This would not only boost your GPA, but also show the College's that you studied very hard in High School. At least, starting from 'Softmore' year. :)

By AzN_Cowboy on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 07:33 pm: Edit

It's good to see that you are becoming more academically focused. I don't know if your school does this, but when counting class rank, my school counts an A in an AP class as a 5.0
My advice for you is to take as many AP classes as possible. This would not only boost your GPA, but also show the College's that you studied very hard in High School. At least, starting from 'Softmore' year. :)

By jamu86 on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 07:33 pm: Edit

Well, its REALLY AWESOME that your turning yourself around!! GPA tends to vary from to school to school...for example at my school taking an AP class is like "extra credit" for your GPA so it increases your GPA(an A=A++++ B=A C=B etc) They also count A- and A+ as 4.0's. So if these policies are at your school, take AP classes. I also took courses at local colleges, and I got those credits transferred. Make sure your school will transfer credits though before you sign up...Good luck...and working hard to do well is a whole lot better than being gifted!

By 324 on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 10:29 pm: Edit

the bad thing is that by the time I take AP's (only allows seniors to take AP), I wouldn't get a chance to get my average in because the college would be reviewing my GPA before I finish my senior year.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page