Bum or no bum ?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Bum or no bum ?
By K_A_T_H (K_A_T_H) on Monday, January 26, 2004 - 11:19 pm: Edit

so i'm new to this thing n i'm tryin this out...so i don't know...i've been pretty desperate lately because according to my parents...i'm not gonna get into ne sort of college.n i'm gonna spend my life recylin cans for a livin..n i've just been so hopeless these days...my dream school is ucla..will someone tell me if i have even the slightest chance to get in???

so far i have 740,780 satIIs (haven't taken math yet) and i just took the sat I...1300 at the least i think( i got 1350 lowest on practice tests)... n my weighted gpa capped at 8 semesters is 4.33 so far (i'm a junior- so that only includes 1st semester junior yr n the 2 soph yrs) i also took some classes at a community college..i don't know if that does anything...
i don't know if i have strong ec..like i'm involved in student gov secretary of class, n i volunteer at stanford hospital n for the red cross..peer tutor..president of reach club..but jus insignificant officer of key club..(jus the usual stuff)
and i do independent research at one of the stanford labs for a bio research project..
but i haven't won any distinct awards for anything..other than this small essay contest thing..
i don't know b/c i feel like i just blend in with everyone and i just feel so stupid around my friends (one is retaking sat 1 b/c he got a 1520, not 1600...i can't even get a 1400! sigh)

neways, do i have any shot at ucla(i'm cali resident)?...it's been my DREAM school since forever..n i'm getting frustrated and i'm slowly losing hope (my gpa went down this semester)...please let me know if, given my stats, i might b able to get in.. [i copied this from another post so if you think you've seen this b4..that's y]

By M6ixty2wo (M6ixty2wo) on Monday, January 26, 2004 - 11:25 pm: Edit

I say you have a reasonable chance. Your ECs are pretty decent. It will depend alot on how your SATs turn out though.

By K_A_T_H (K_A_T_H) on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 - 12:16 am: Edit

thankss..yea EVIL SATs.. makin my life so miserable.. >(

By Welshie (Welshie) on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 - 01:30 am: Edit

Or you could be like me and have a school that asks you to just fax a copy of your UNOFFICIAL collegeboard.com scores and by taking a screen shot and using Paint, give yourself perfect 800s.

NOTE TO MODERATORS: I did't really send in the fake score report but simply copied/edited it to show to my mom how ridiculous it was for a school to ask for the scores in such a way, especially after I had mailed them two official reports.

-Jesse

By K_A_T_H (K_A_T_H) on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 01:49 am: Edit

wow..what shool's that?

By Welshie (Welshie) on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 01:55 am: Edit

BYU. Bloody knuckleheads.

-Jesse

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page